Saturday Snapshots - All Outside

Happy Saturday everyone!!  I am linking up with Run Miss Nelson's Got the Camera and her
Now.......let me warn you now......my post today is not in any way, shape, or form teacher related....so, stop reading now if you want a teacher related post today.  Yes, I'm a teacher and yes, this is a teaching blog but I am also a mom, wife, and have several hobbies that I love.  So, I thought I would give you a peek into some of that.
 
My Saturday snapshots linkup are all nature related.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to work in my yard:)  My yard is like therapy to me:))))  So I thought I would share a peek into that world today:




I LOVE orchids and have orchids everywhere.  The colors AMAZE me!

This is by far one of my favorite spots in our backyard....this tire swing was here when we moved in and when my kids were little, used a ton.  Lots of wonderful memories here.  I love the patina of the paint and the oak tree it hangs from is easily 200 years old.

Love butterfly gardening.  During the school year I always take these little guys in so my kiddos can watch the life cycle unfold:) (see....it ended up being teacher related..lol)

Love my koi pond.  These guys are getting huge!





I spend lots of time back here reading and just relaxing:)  I just finished mowing and weedeating this morning, snapped these pics and then we got a terrible storm!  Finished just in time!!!
 
So there's a peek into a different part of my "teacher" life.  Hope you have a blessed weekend!


16 comments

  1. Wow you have a tropical paradise in your backyard. So fun. Orchids are my favorite plants ... I've never been able to bring them back to life after the petals fall off. Butterfly gardening is so neat... didn't know you could do that. I want to look into that.
    Thanks for linking up. I hope you have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Enjoy it and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished cutting the grass, too, and was thinking how much I love my shaded yard. I enjoyed looking at the pics of your inviting space!

    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. I write non-teaching related stuff on my blog all the time. I actually kind of prefer the bloggers that include a little about their non-teaching lives!

    I'm jealous of your koi pond. I fear that my two German Shepherds would snatch them out of the water if we put one in our backyard!

    -Nick
    Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful little oasis you have! I'm jealous! While I'd love a koi pond, I'm afraid that Gus the Wild One would make it his personal swimming hole. I obviously need some gardening tips from you about orchids! Beautiful!

    Lori

    Life in Room 24

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flower shots! I posted all nature shots too - no school ones.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are beautiful! I love all the flowers. :)

    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a gorgeous yard. I love orchids as well but where I live they are an indoor plant and I have never gotten mine to rebloom. I also would like to learn more about butterfly gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous yard. My yard just seems to be taken over by weeds this year. I love non-teacher posts. Thanks for sharing.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your "nature" pictures! It's great to see some non-teaching posts. It keeps us human!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Tara, your backyard is stunning!!! I want to get lost there ... with a good book ... and maybe a good drink. ;)

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your backyard is amazing!! Very jealous. :)

    -Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pictures and your backyard. My dad used to grow orchids in a greenhouse in their backyard. He had up to 500. They will always remind me of him. :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures were just beautiful. My backyard looks like the city dump compared to yours. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top