Monday Made It with a Sunday Start:)

video
Hey everyone!  Happy MMI Early.  I had to post this early to make sure this video works because I won't have time to mess with it in the morning.  Before I share my made its, I just had to share this video I took today!  My husband and I went for an early morning walk on the beach.  You could see several turtle nests marked off with orange tape.....well as we were walking I saw 3 people that had turtle patrol shirts on.  One was digging and I saw eggs next to her so I asked if I could please take a pic.  Then all of the sudden she started pulling baby sea turtles out of the ground!!!  A raccoon had gotten into the next....it was what they called "a surprise nest" the only way they found it was by the tracks of some of the babies.  They were just precious!!!  Because there were so many, they had to release them 5 at a time along the beach and asked us to watch and make sure they made it to the water and that no one would come along and step on them.  I cannot put into words how AMAZING and what a true blessing it was for us to witness!!!  Such an awesome morning:)  Hope you enjoy the video!
 
 
Now on to Monday Made Its......I almost didn't have any and was going to post (repost) my classroom...lol.  I finally came up with a couple.
 
A little while back I bought these cute door hangers from Joanne at Head Over Heals for Teaching.
Then I forgot I bought them....ever do that????  Anywho, remembered and printed the black and white ones on colored cardstock. (There are also colored ones in the set with many other door hanger options....too cute!!)
My kiddos will be so excited to get these:)  We did our "I PICK" book lesson and Read to Self launch last week, so they are all about their reading:)))
 My next MMI are my labels for our reading response notebooks (different from their reading response journals that are for homework:)
My last made it is my new........
 I made this for several purposes.....as a better way to get to know my new students, to be used kind of like exit slips (especially for my sweet strugglers), and for my super sweet shy littles.  I have some super quiet ones this year and really want to get to know them so am hoping this little cookie jar will help.
These are the little "cookie slips" they can fill out and put in the cookie jar any time:)
 
So there you have it! 
 
Now, I do have an announcement to make......this will be the last WEEKLY MMI for the summer.  After this I am going back to once a month, on the second Monday of each month:)  The second Monday because I so want to do my bud Farley's Currently and haven't been able to:(
 
I hope you got lots of wonderful ideas this summer and continue to create and link up:)  Thank you to each and every one of you for linking up and for all the bloggy love throughout the summer:)  It has been a blast!!!
 
 
 
 
 


29 comments

  1. How amazing! Thanks for sharing the video.

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the turtles make their trip to the ocean has got the be a WONDERFUl experience!!! I'm so sad it's the last MMI but I know I couldn't handle it every week in the school year. It's been a fun summer. Thanks for hosting *one* of my most favorite linkys of ALL times. Have a wonderful week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cookie jar idea! So neat! :)

    This will be my first year doing reading responses and guided reading groups! I'm quite excited :) I normally teach Grade 8, but this year I'm teaching Grade 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to get to watch over the baby turtles so they could make it to the water! That is on my bucket list!

    I love your cookie jar idea...too sweet! Thanks for hosting such a fun party...:)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Keep Calm and Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  5. The video is so cute! I love baby sea turtles! A few years ago we recused one that just couldn't make out to the ocean. He kept washing back up on the sand. Thankfully we were right next to the Jupiter turtle center and took him there. Have a great week back!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the baby sea turtle video!! What an amazing thing to see and experience! TOO COOL!

    Love the cookie jar...super sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The turtle video must have been a bucket list experience! Your students are going to love hearing about it! Your crafts turned out so cute! I especially love the cookie jar idea! I personally am thrilled about the monthly linky to return! It was getting so tough to keep up! Have a great week!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those door hangers!! And the turtles... SO cute!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for hosting this linky all summer long. I'll be sure to catch up with you monthly!

    Polka Dots & Teaching Tots

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had one of those door tags when I was little! My parents wouldn't have bothered me to clean my room or do the laundry!! You did a great job hosting Monday Made It- you really pulled off such an amazing collection of ideas.

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great ideas! It's been great following MMI all summer!

    Kerry

    Flip Flopping To School

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the turtle video. What an amazing sight! I know the weekly MMIs have kept you busy this summer. Thanks for hosting!

    Hooty
    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the turtle video! I had the opportunity (right place at the right time) to see a mama turtle lay her nest this summer. It was on my "bucket list" to see a nest hatch, but seeing the nest laid was pretty awesome!

    Thanks for hosting the linky as well! I look forward to participating each week and seeing all the great ideas!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute - love baby sea turtles. :) My class adopted one last Earth Day. Love the cookie jar too... and the door hangers.... have a wonderful week! I get to meet my new kiddos tomorrow and I'm so excited!!!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving the cookie bin idea. Too cute! Your kiddos are bound to love filing those out.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so jealous that you got to see the turtle release! This is my first time to link up for Monday Made It, but I've been reading all the great ideas for a long time! Thanks for hosting.

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sea turtle video! My family and I visited the sea turtle rescue center in South Padre Island, TX. They are very fascinating and resilient creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't watching the baby turtles such a neat experience? Living somewhere on the Gulf my whole life, I have always been aware of how important it is that the turtles make it out to the water. I'm sure you'll be sharing this video with your kiddos this week. I love getting up in one of the high rises on the Gulf and looking down on the turtles as they are swimming too. I makes me happy.
    I checked out a great video this year from the Public Library about the turtles, but I can't for the life of me remember the title!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tara, I am so going to show my kids on the first day of school. They are going to love that video! I have only linked up one time, but I am planning to do it on the once a month basis during school. Thanks for hosting this linky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the idea of your cookie jar! I had several shy ones that would have benefited from this last year. I just added something else to my ever growing to-do-list! Thank you so much for hosting this fabulous linky!

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tara, thank you so much for the shout out! I hope your students love the door hangers as much as mine do! :) They love to go home and put them on their door to see if they really "work"! I love that cookie jar! Thank you for being a great hostess for Monday Made It! It held me accountable all summer to complete projects on my to do list! I hope you're off to a great school year!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  22. GIRL... you are the bomb.dot.com
    this linky is soooo much fun!!!
    and I can't wait to link up every month with BUCK's make overs...
    I will throw some other crafty goodness in there too!!!
    love ya
    have a blessed year
    I have a feeling it is going to be a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing such an adorable, cute video! I also loved your cookie jar idea! Thanks for hosting such a great linky as well. All summer long, I've been reading all the wonderful link ups and finally, I have gathered enough courage to link up myself. I'm so thankful to be part of an amazing group of teacher bloggers. Thanks Tara!
    Najda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting this every week! You have kept me moving and motivated this summer!!!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Saw the turtles on Instagram! I LOVE them! I'm so glad you shared them!

    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for hosting this great linky. I am a first timer, and I really have enjoyed perusing the other posts. Thanks for all the great tips.
    Carla
    Comprehension Connection

    ReplyDelete
  27. Effectively teaching elementary math to children aged 5 to 10 (Grade 1,Grade 2,Grade 3,Grade 4,Grade 5).Great for Homeschool kids! All math results are logged and graded and we show how they are improving through real-time feedback.click hereGrade 4,Grade 5

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the message on those door hangers. That is something that children must refer to. They need simple reminders like that from time to time. Door hangers indeed do wonders for your home as you can put different messages there. It really depends on what you want the members of your family to see.

    Retta Langevin @ Turf Signs

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Tara, I just found your blog and your Monday Made It's. I love both of them! I am glad I am on Spring Break so maybe I can get some ideas from you and your "linkers". Thank you for the inspiration. It makes teaching even more fun and energizing!
    Have a great week!

    Carrie
    i Heart Second

    The Think Aloud Cloud

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top