T.G.I. Five for Friday!!

Popping in with some pics and so thankful it's Friday!!!!  This girl needs some down time:) 
Linking up with Doodle Bugs
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
 
So in no certain order is my randomness for this week
Check this out!  This little one is my sunshine.....DAILY!  Today, I got a phone call in the middle of my guided reading groups.  Take a look and tell me what you see....
That's right.....this one didn't skip a beat!  Plopped in my chair and the instruction went on!!!  LOVE this kid!  Definitely a teacher in the making:)
Last year I discovered "The One and Only Ivan".....SO glad I did!  It's a wonderful story....it's great for descriptive writing and the kids just love it!  Well we have been reading it this year and I saw on my bloggy bud Jen's blog, Runde's Room,  that they are too and her class adopted a gorilla.  I thought that was a wonderful idea so we did too!!!
My kids about lost their minds when I opened the package!  They were/are so excited.
Now we have our own Ivan!
Some of my kiddos finally had enough points earned to start their behavior beads necklaces from Run Miss Nelson's Got the Camera.  They are so excited to have these and to add to them.  I'll be blogging soon about how I use these with a clip chart and tickets:)
My week started off great because I got to see this girl!!!!  Her baby (lol) brother and I went to see her play in a vball tourney:)  She hadn't see little bro in a few months.....makes my heart happy to see them together:))))  They're my world!!
This is my last random....I posted this on Instagram so figured I would bite the bullet and post here too....I hate pics of me!!!!  Anywho, I have been eating quite differently and have lost 30 pounds!!!  The during is because I'm not quite done yet...still a work in progress:)
 
Ok....I am off for some relaxation and some major football watching this weekend!!!!  Yeah for Friday!!!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend too!!!
 
 
 
 


21 comments

  1. We are also reading "The One and Only Ivan" and I am STRUGGLING to read it out loud! I read it on my own first and my poor heart took a beating. Today I had four kids shed tears over Ivan's situation. We are also raising money to adopt a gorilla through the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund. Glad to be sharing a great read (and a great cause) with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl! I'm so proud of you!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!! Loving that little teacher!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gorilla adoption idea! I'm planning on reading The One and Only Ivan to my class as well. Thank you for sharing this.

    Congratulations on your weight loss. You look great!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you and all of your hard work! Loving that little teacher in the making cutie pie :)
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your student teacher is adorable. What a natural! ;) Congrats on your weight loss!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when a student steps up and takes over like that! And you look great! What an accomplishment! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous! I am officially stealing your teacher student!!! :) Love her! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is too precious!! I love it. And you are looking awesome! I just recently started a Teacher Fitness linky and would love for you to join in and share!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing great! Wow you look so healthy. Can't wait to see your post about how your using the behavior beads with your clip chart etc. Thanks for the shout out. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOT! 30 pounds, dang girl! You are looking good! I keep hearing about that book. Guess I should finally check it out! Enjoy your weekend. I haven't been so happy for Friday in a while. :)

    -Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look A-mazing!!! Woooo Hoooooo, my friend! Ivan is adorable - we are almost finished the book, and I'm going to miss it soooo much! Hope you have a happy happy weekend. :)

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off, HIGH FIVE for sharing your pics! Those are great testimony to how healthy you are!! Second, love your lil teacher in the making. You are so lucky to have her! And third, love the book and IVAN. We are reading Shiloh and I don't think my kids could handle crying again so soon, but I definitely plan on checking it out later this year! Thank you for 5 fabulous Friday shares! And I am ready for some footballllll myself!

    Susan

    LopezLandLearners

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just beginning on a weight loss journey...you are my new hero! You look terrific!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You look great! You should take ALL KINDS of pictures of yourself. I like the adopt-a-gorilla-as-a-class idea. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Sunshine loves you too! She's having such a great year! Thanks for all you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go Tara go Tara Go Go Go Tara!!! U look FAB-O!!!! So after reading these comments I need to read the one and only Ivan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job Tara!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the one and only ivan...stumbled upon it last year during the book fair...and now u want to adopt a gorilla fa realz. Congrats on all the lbs lost. Keep pressing forward.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the one and only ivan...stumbled upon it last year during the book fair...and now u want to adopt a gorilla fa realz. Congrats on all the lbs lost. Keep pressing forward.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thirty pounds....GO GIRL! That is awesome!! :) You are looking great and are such an inspiration!

    I am going to have to check out The One and Only Ivan!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top