Friday 5 for Me

Wowza!!
 
The start to this year......just finished our first quarter, has been quite the roller coaster ride!  There have been times I have felt like I was swallowed, chewed up, and spit back out.....sorry for the gross visual but just speaking the truth. We had a teacher work day today and I didn't even get a quarter of the things on my list done that needed to get done.....why do those days go soooo fast!!!   I am PRAYING that this next quarter will be a little more peaceful!!!
 
It has been so nuts I have hardly had time to blog:(  So I am popping in to join in Doodle Bug's Five for Friday with a peek at my week:)
fiveforfriday2


A few weeks ago we did these wonderful visualizing sheets on fiction using The One and Only Ivan.  This week we used Jen Runde's fab non-fiction Comprehension Strategy Posters.  The kids really enjoyed using these.  They are wonderful!!
Since we finished Ivan, we started this fun book as a quick read aloud:)
Got this super fun organizer this week!  LOVE!  Of course I didn't have time to put anything in it today!!!!  Got it from Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies and my buddy Lorraine's Thirty One party!!
I have a super fun spider/facts project to share soon:)
 
This is a new interactive bulletin board I am hoping to have done by Monday because guess what day it is??????????????????????????????????
Get ready....it's Monday!!!!


11 comments

  1. I feel the same way....every week has been a whirlwind!!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of those visualize pages once the kids have drawn and colored them all out. They look great!

    We moved to Trimesters this year and we're giving out new report cards for CC. Needless to say it will be a little different once the Tri ends. Hopefully your quarter smoothes out some.

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went and added Jen's Comprehension Posters to my TPT cart...thanks for sharing those :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, your students did a wonderful job! I'm so excited they like them. :) And I've got to look up those national geographic magazines - I haven't seen the "explore on your own" - is it just one of the issues of the national geographic kids, or is it a separate category of magazine? (I don't know if that made sense ... I haven't had enough coffee this morning). ;) Happy Weekend!!!

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the visualizing sheets! I also read Fourth Grade Rats last year as a read aloud! Hope the second quarter is calmer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl I feel ya.... whirlwinds every day.... in a paper tornado I feel like sometimes.... I am very blessed I have a wonderful class... wishing you a restful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right there with you, my friend. The second quarter is always so much better, right??? Can't wait to MMI. I've actually made something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teacher work days? I'm so jealous! We don't have anything like that where I am. :(

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top