Shopping, Words, and Fun Stuff

Hello!
 
I'm popping in to catch ya'll up on my week.  I will say that so far this quarter has been way better than last quarter:)  Yeah, happy me!  Things still haven't slowed down though and I feel terrible that I don't get to blog (or read blogs) nearly as much as I would like to.......
 
So here's what I have been up to lately.....teacher and non-teacher related...lol!  My puke of pics:)
 
First of all, I got to do a little retail therapy this week:)  I've lost 30 pounds so far and my clothes don't fit:)  That's a good thing, right? ;)  So I bought so new fun stuff and purged my closet!
Purging my closet felt really good:)
I applied for and received 2 different grants and was able to add some great technology to my classroom:)  So excited about these!  The kids have been loving using them.  My kiddos still aren't as fluent in multiplication facts as they should be so they have been doing lots of math on them.  I'm looking for any great phonics apps for my ELL students....if ya know of any, or ANY super apps, please leave them in the comments:)
We are still working on growing our vocabulary and words that spice up our writing.  This week we did a little mini lesson using word continuums.  They worked in small groups to put this little pile of words in order from quietest to loudest.

Each group had a few that were in a little different order and it was neat to hear them "validate" why they put them in the order they did.  There's really no wrong answer.....just getting them to think about the words they use and finding words that are even better:)
This little angel brought the teacher an apple!  Well, she painted a pumpkin like an apple and gave it to me:)
Had my first Starbucks since I started my diet/new eating routine....
Skinny, decaf pumpkin spice latte........umm........HEAVEN!!!!
Finally, I was supposed to go see Tay today and then plans fell through at the last minute....bummed out momma but I stayed busy and made these adorable multiplication and division flashcards from Molly at Lessons with Laughter!  They are sooooo cute and I found these adorable bags at Target (thanks Molly) to put them in for math workshop with my kiddos next week.
 
There's a look into my crazy week:)  Hope you had a great week!  Have a blessed weekend!
 
 
 
 
 


14 comments

  1. I love the word continuum.
    Congratulations on your new wardrobe.

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retail therapy minus 30 pounds sounds amazing. Good for you!
    Your apple pumpkin is adorable.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on 30 lbs!! I'd love to know what you're plan is. I keep losing and gaining the same 5 but have 35 to lose! Nothing better than retail therapy:)
    ~Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOT WOOT! 30 lbs!! WOW! :) And your outfit in the apple/pumpkin pic is too cute. You looked fab.
    Love the candy corn multiplication facts and the cute bag - I love that 4th graders like that stuff, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! 30 pounds AND a technology grant!? You're on a roll!
    Have you ever checked out Reflex Math for fact fluency? They have grants for teachers as well! Another teacher and I got the grant last year and our principal bought it for the whole school this year. It's really great and the kids love it!
    Here's a link to the educator grant if you're interested:
    http://news.reflexmath.com/educatorgrant/

    Have a great week!

    P.S. I linked one of my blog posts to your post about the monster writing prompt. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://schenkgr4.blogspot.com/2013/10/my-halloweek.html

    Kayla
    Stuff Students Say and Other Classroom Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!
    Which app are you using for the math fact practice?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Tara... Can we just combine our blogs? Your year sounds EXACTLY like mine and how I've been feeling!!!

    Congrats on the weight loss. What have you been doing? I so need to lose weight!

    Love your ideas for the sounds. This is my first year in 4th after 25 years in lower grades. It's kicking my butt learning all the curriculum!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your idea was different and some what special in it.Each and every thing are different from one another.Thanks for sharing the information.
    Daily online Deals

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the 30 pounds! You look great! I second the reflex math comment---I'm using it with my fourth graders this year, it is SO AWESOME!

    Did you make up the list of words for the continuum or did you get them from somewhere??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, you're looking gorgeous! I know it's not teaching related, but I'd love to know what you've been doing!

    That apple pumpkin is darling! What a little sweetie!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top