Monday Made It - November:)

I have been doing this for how long?????  And each time the Made It Monday rolls around.....I'm never ready!!!!!  At least not during the school year:/  
 
Sadly, I have no Home Made Its to share....unless you count  little decorating touches....but that really doesn't count:(  So on to my classroom made its I go:)
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Winter-Wonders-Story-Starters-947129
I made a winter themed set of story starters to use during Work on Writing.  There are 16 different story starters to get your kiddos creative juices flowing:)
I bought and printed these adorable Candy Corn Fact Families (multiplication and division) from my friend Molly at Lessons with Laughter.  Yes, sadly I still have kiddos who aren't fluent with their multiplication facts so these are fun practice.  I love that they can easily be changed to division facts...great for differentiating:)
The adorable little matching bags were from Target:)  Last week instead of just having them practice, I gave each team a timer and they timed each other to see how many facts they could get in a minute:)  They loved that too:)
This made it is in the making so you'll have to check back when it's all done.  I saw this pin from Miss Radka's Rhapsody and have wanted to do it forever!!!!
Well, we finally got started:) We have been working soooooo hard on our writing of "showing, not telling".......Here's what I did..... I gave each of the kids an emotion/feeling I had printed on cardstock.  They had to first draw a picture of what that would look like and then write a great description of what it would look like without using the word they got.  Then they took turns reading them aloud while their classmates tried to guess their words.  Here's what we have so far....

This student wrote "My cheeks were red as a tomato.  My head was hanging down as my slumped shoulders hung down too.  I could feel my weary eyes start to get watery and I start to sob.  It feels like people are laughing at me in the background.  I feel like a tiny rain cloud is only over me and the sun is trying to shine the other way at other people."
WOW!  This kid has got it:)
This student wrote "My eyes were half shut, I feel like I will fall down to the ground.  It feels like I should lay on a comfy sheep and relax.  My head starts to nod but I keep putting my head back up."
"I have my head straight up and my eyes are wide open.  I am jumping and my mouth is open.  Sweat is dripping from my face.  I am shaking really bad and my heart is pounding."



I'll post pics when it's all done and up in my room:)
 
Thanks for popping by.  Hope you can link up this month.....it's open all month:)  Don't forget to take a sec and leave some love on the blogs you visit:)
 
 


11 comments

  1. WOW....love your "Show Not Tell" that you did with your class. I believe my class would probably benefit from this idea as well. Your students are extremely artistic and creative. I have no doubt they will knock it out of the park in February. Happy November!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to do that Show, Not Tell project as well but haven't gotten around to it! Your students drawings are so fun, not to mention their writing so far. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE show not tell idea! LOVE it!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the Show Not Tell. I still have sixth graders that can't do this. I think I have a new idea for our independent work in the next few weeks!
    MicheleCoffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Show Not Tell activity. Wish I would have seen it a couple weeks ago when we were in the middle of our personal narrative unit, but I pinned it to use next year. The candy corn bags are adorable for the multiplication acitivity!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am forever telling my kids "Show, don't tell!", but this is a fantastic idea for sending that message home. I'm doin' it! Thanks!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the candy corn bags! HOW CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how well they showed the expression! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an educational website. So many positive emotions and feelings. Only professional custom paper writing services can solve any academic problem within the nearest possible time.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top