Five for Friday Time

Joining Doodle Bug's again for her 5 random things linky
 

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2013/12/five-for-friday-linky-party-december-6th.html
and here I go....
Monday was our first day back after a WEEK off for Thanksgiving (sooooo thankful for that time) and one of my kiddos asked why there was still a scarecrow on my door.  Well because I left on 2 wheels the last day before break and didn't get my Christmas/Winter out yet.   No, I didn't tell him that, so I stayed late Monday and got out my Christmas/Winter and changed my door out to our Winter Moose:)  He makes me smile!
This is my hot mess of a desk/guided reading/small group table.....I can't seem to find the surface of it lately:(((
 

We made some vocab foldables.  The kids love making these and it really helps them with understanding meaning:)
 

I bought a huge pack of gel pens....neon and metallic at Wally World.  Today I broke them out for our writing.  We are writing our tails off because the state writing test is fast approaching.  Lots of writing sometimes gets old so I try to change it up a little at times.  Well these pens were a HIT!!!!  The kids were sooooo focused and so neat!  They loved them:)
Blossom was back in the classroom this week!  Made the kids so happy and LOOK!  She is studying too!!!  Blossom LOVES her some Tattooed Teacher Genre Posters!!!!
 
Don't forget......Monday is the second Monday of the month and you know what that means???
That's right!!!  Come back and link up with your creativity and Christmas ideas:)))
Have a blessed weekend all!!


12 comments

  1. Your door makes me smile too.

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blossom is so cute!! I have 3 boys and 3 girl guinea pigs at home. They always put a smile on my face after a hard day at school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what the story is! I used to read it from our basal in 4th grade! Do yall use Reading Street too? and I just took down that moose from my fall board that I just put up a week ago! So behind!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your moose door! That is adorable.
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading your Five for Friday, thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how something as simple as a gel pen got the students excited for wiritng. I may have to purchase some for my class. I also love the vocabulary foldables!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my students new pens for Christmas gifts and I know they'll love them as much as your students loved writing with a gel pen! :) I hope one day to have a Blossom of my own in my future classroom! I only have 10 days left in my classroom with my 5th graders before I move...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should check out "Moose on the Loose" on TPT (not my product)--it would go perfect with your door! It's like Elf on the Shelf, but without the creepy chuckie by product. I don't know why that guy creeps me out so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I love that you said Wally World! The gel pens are such a cute way to spice up writing.

    Denay

    The Gemini Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um...you should see my desk and reading table. It'd make you feel MUCH better. And I'm usually pretty neat and organized too...

    I love tricking kids into working using things like cool pens, markers, or highlighters!

    And yeah...my room is still very Autumnal. I half-heartedly looked for my snowy decorations today but didn't get them out. I think I'm in denial about it!

    -Nick
    Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your moose friend! He's absolutely adorable :)

    XO,
    Kelly Anne
    AppleSlices

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a total gel pen fanatic myself - I get why the kids loved using them to write! I will have to try that out with my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top