Friday 5 on Saturday!!

Woo Hoo!!!!  It's my first day of winter break!!!
 
Booooo!   I have a sore throat:(  That's why I am late to this fab Friday linky....I don't feel super hot:/  Hoping to get to bed early and feel better tomorrow!!!  Need to...this girl is still not done with her Christmas shopping:/
 
Gonna be a lot of pics linking up with Doodle Bug's
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2013/12/five-for-friday-linky-partydecember-20th.html
Snow day was a huge success:)


 
Got the gifts for my kiddos and my teammates all to school safely:)
I got my teammies some yummy Bath and Body and Vera Bradley lanyards:)
 
Thanks to my friend Lisa at Fourth and Ten, we made these adorable ornaments as parent gifts again this year.  So sweet and fun to do:)
The snowmen are their fingers:)  I just love how unique each one is:)
My teamie found this adorable Roll a Snowman sheet.  We did this and then the kids wrote narratives about the day their snowman came to life:)  Then they got to go over the snowman they drew with chalk.  They loved that!



Thursday I was running on empty and pulling things out of a hat.....the kids were pretty wound.  I was too excited to find this idea on Instagram from another bloggy bud Amanda at Teaching Maddeness. 
Area and perimeter presents.  The kids made a present, decorated it and then had to find the area and perimeter:)  To cute and good practice:)

\
Finally, I am over the moon excited that my girl is home for a bit from college:)  She came in and brought me a treat one morning:)

Then she hung out and helped her mom:)  This is our we survived pic at the end of a very long week and day:)  Told you there were a lot of pics:) 
 
Now I am off to eat and early bed in hopes this sore throat gets better:)
 
I won't be blogging for about a week or 2 so I can spend some down time with my precious family. 
 
I pray that each and every one of you has a blessed and Merry Christmas! 
 


9 comments

  1. Feel better, Tara! Put some pickle juice, hot sauce, and red pepper flakes in a coffe mug and heat it up in the microwave until it's warm. Try it...it will make your throat feel better if you can get past the ingredients! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness - the week before break is crazy! I love your roll and snowmen. They turned out great, Tara! I hope you feel better soon, and have a wonderful Christmas! :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! I love the idea of area and perimeter presents, I will have to remember that next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you won't be feeling sick for long. Your snowmen were adorable, great effect with the chalk! I'm enjoying precious time with my daughter home from college too! Hope you have great vacation!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon friend!!!! No fun feeling sicky on break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that your sore throat is better and that you have been surrounded by the love and laughter of family and friends. Gotta love that Starbucks pic!
    Sending you holiday hugs and Christmas blessings...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Snow Day bags to make hot chocolate. They are super cute.

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top