RAK and Monday Made It - December (on Sunday)

Hello everyone!
Before I kick off this MMI, I want to take a second to share.  It was almost one year ago that there was a terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook.  I know how I felt after hearing about it and can't begin to imagine the sadness and loss felt throughout that community.  As the one year anniversary draws near, the people of Sandy Hook have asked that people commit random acts of kindness to honor the precious lives lost.  As a teacher, you have to opportunity to change lives on a daily basis.  Please take this opportunity to make random acts of kindness part of your week, if not life:) 
 
As far as MMI goes, I feel like this should be called my "Monday things I'm Gonna Make!"  I have made several things but have lots more to make to prepare for my kiddos on their last few days of school before Christmas break.  Here are a couple of the things I am gonna make (but haven't because it's too early)
Last year we had a "snow day" in our classroom right before break.  So far, I am planning on doing that again this year.  Here are 2 of the things I will be making.  (wanted to share them in case anyone else wanted to do them and needed to plan)
Snow Playdoh:)  The kids LOVED this last year and it was kinda fun to make:)  The recipe is HERE.
This "gonna make" is "Snowman in a Bag".  Fun snack to go along with our snow theme:)  There are links to the recipe and the tags to put on the bags HERE.
So, those are my gonna makes;)
Next up, I have been a printing and laminating machine this past weekend!!!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Elves-and-Deer-a-Christmas-MATH-game-for-older-kids-996173
First up is the fab game Elves and Deer from the super fab Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade!  My kids absolutely LOVE this game:)
Farley also has adorable, free RACK (Random Acts of Christmas Kindness) cards that you can print and use.  I printed up some to use for myself and with my class this week as we remember Sandy Hook and commit RAK:)
My next MMI is a fun game I got from the sweeties at Collaboration Cuties!
Can't wait for my kiddos to use this fun game to practice those math facts that are killing me this year!!!
I also finally printed and laminated my Snowball Smack game.  (it always takes me forever!)

To start off the week of RAKs I would like to make this item and my Be Merry Banner
(the y is there I promise....just got cut off in the pic)
FREEBIES till midnight Monday!!!!!
I hope one or both are something you can use in your classroom. 
 
As the 1 year date draws near, please keep the families and community in your thoughts and prayers and please spread some love and sunshine by putting RAK into practice:)
 


10 comments

  1. I'm so glad you posted about RACK. I just posted an assignment on Edmodo this week about this. My students had to come up with a Random Act of Kindness and tell who they would do it for any why. There were some phenomenal ideas!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy. I so need to have a date with the laminator. Love your ideas. There are so many that I "NEED" to make. I can't wait to try out snow playdough. My kids will LOVE it. I love doing RACk. We did some last January. There is a cute Kindness Club we will be doing but I'm also going to snag Farley's cute cards. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute stuff! Glad to be linking back up after missing a month! Off to go snoop at other people's accomplishments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shared your initial image and linked up to this post over on my blog! I bought What the Teacher Wants RACK pack on TPT and will be kicking it off in my classroom tomorrow. Thank you so much for sharing!!
    http://being-ladylike.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love RAK's. They're my favorite. Others must also be in the mood, because I went to Target yesterday to buy formula for my little one and there on top of the formula container was a coupon for it. Made my day. I don't think I've ever had a RAK done in my favor, so it was extra special. That formula is crazy expensive and I so miss nursing!! I have lots of good ideas for RAKs that don't cost money and I love putting them to use. Maybe I'll post about them!! Thanks for hosting again. :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw!! I'm so glad you like the games!! Thank you so much for that shout out! You totally did NOT have to do that!! You are so sweet!! Thanks for hosting!! I feel like I'm still living in lamination at the moment!!

    Have a great week!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try that snow playdough, my kids will love it.

    Terri
    Kinder Princess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get new centers and other stuff printed and laminated. That's a Christmas break task.

    Also, thanks for the "Be Merry" banner. Very cute!

    -Jeremy @ Mr. Michelbook's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get the moose? Very cute! Thanks for the "Be Merry" banner!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top