Five for Friday on Sunday...oops

Doing my Friday Five with Doodle Bugs on Sunday cuz that's how I'm rolling this weekend!
Here's a peek at my random week...
This was how the week started....now I know this isn't cold to most of you BUT I am in Florida!
Meet Heidi and Herman Hermie!
These little fellas joined my classroom this week.  I got the idea of using them as reading buddies from another teacher at our school a few years ago.  Some of my kiddos aren't really doing their best on their homework so I have brought these guys in to motivate.  The students who go above and beyond on their homework get to read with a hermie for the day:)
Trying to escape?????
The Hermies even did Flashlight Friday:) 

 
We have been doing long division for a few weeks in our Morning Math Meeting but a lot of my kiddos can't remember all the steps:/  I found a division man anchor chart on Pinterest from Mrs. Sims and Mrs. Mathis' blog and loved it and made one for my kids.
It's helping:)
We have been working hard in our reading small groups with characters, settings, and events.

The kids love to use the glass puddles to read with every once in a while:)

and this is how I ended my week:)  Roots painted, high and low lights and got me some bang action.
sorry about the awkward selfie.....I stink at selfies...lol:)
Have a great week all!


9 comments

  1. Ok, I LOVE your division poster! I know what I'm doing this afternoon during nap time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bangs! Actually your whole haircut- have to keep mine short! Well, I don't have to, but I do cause it's quicker. The bubble thingies you are using for reading are a neat idea. I am going to try that with my intervention group this week! However, I will not be trying hermit crabs....you are brave!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Carol

    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Flashlight Friday -- I might just have to steal that one! :) And- cute hair -- I stink at selfies too, but I LOVE your phone case. I believe everything should be monogrammed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair! Looks great! :) And I love Division Bot! Sooooo cute! I used to use the saying, "Dirty Monkey's Smell Bad"...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks awesome! I sure hope it warms up down there before we come for March Break. :)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your hair is adorable! And I'm so glad you didn't do the Kim Kardashian "duck face" for your selfie!
    ~Angela
    Gig ‘Em Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hermit crab cage! I have two little hermies and they need a fun way to climb. I am on it. Love the new do!

    Renee from the Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top