Friday 5 - Spring Break Version

I am poppin in from spring break to link up with Doodle Bugs for her
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/03/five-for-friday-linky-party-march-14th.html
Sadly I am enjoying my last day of spring break....where oh where did the week go?  Too fast I tell ya!!!  I seriously need to try to switch gears and start some planning and some grading of the huge stack of papers I brought home but I'm having trouble doing that...lol!  So here's some randomness from my week!
Spring break started awesome because I took a drive up to see my girl, do some shopping, and watch her boyfriend play some baseball:)  Fun day!!!
I have been sucking up all the sunshine I can and worked in my yard and gardens and just had coffee outside every morning!  The weather has been beautiful!!

This is part of our pond....sadly all our fish got eaten by an egret.  Pretty bird but not my friend right now.  So sad.  I hate an empty pond.  I bought some new fish and have been standing guard all week!!  So far so good.  (we also put wire over part of it to keep him out!)
Still love my old potting bench!  It was an old desk my husband found years ago and I finally parted with it and made it a potting bench:)  Been planting away all week here:)
Somebody found a new friend!  Our pup found the Hermie reading buddies:)
This was some fun we had the last day before spring break.  My kids needed it...we have been pushing sooooo hard getting ready for the state tests:/  Boo....so we had some fun!!  The first set of pics are made with the flat, cone coffee filters.  (a great idea from one of my teamies)  They had to make a picture using the filter....they had to use the filter "as is" not cut it or fold it at all.  They did a great job being creative:)

This unicorn makes me SMILE!!!


After their pic was done they wrote a fun story to go with it.
 
This next set of pics were done with their fingerprints. 

Another unicorn, same student:)


Can't wait to read the stories that they wrote to go with these.
My last random I was hesitant to post.....I got my hair all whacked off!!!!
I'm a little freaked about it and go in phases of "I think I like it"....to "OMG, what have I done?!"  Lol....I'm sure it will grow on me and I need to play with it and see what all I can do...this pic was fresh from the salon. 
 
So there ya have it.  I hope everyone had a great week.  Thanks for stopping by and pop back Monday for
See you then:)
 
 
 


10 comments

  1. Looks like you've had a fabulous Spring Break! One more week until we start. I can't wait! I really like your new do! I have been working on a Project Life scrapbook with pictures from the past 4 years. I've been laughing at all my different hair styles, colors, etc. I'm growing mine a couple of more inches and then probably whacking mine all off again. All I ever do is pull it up anyways! Have a great weekend!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,
    You know I just love your hair. Why does Spring Break just fly by????I feel for you but just think summer is right around the corner. Love the coffee filter idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your garden and LOVE your new hair cut! Seriously LOVE!
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time Fridays are not fun are when you are on break, right?? Looks like you had some beautiful weather for your break though - I'm jealous! We still have snow up here. Your hair looks great!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your backyard pond area is just gorgeous...I'd be living out there if that was mine! Sorry to hear about your fish; hope the wire does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like your weather was amazing for Spring Break - and your backyard looks like an amazing place to enjoy it! We still have another month and a week left until our Spring Break (not like I'm counting or anything). Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks faaaabulous!! Love it!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks wonderful! I go through the same back and forth as well... change can be hard! Looks like you had a great spring break and your gardens look beautiful! I can't wait for our surroundings to turn green. It's been too long! Have a great week back at it.
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super jealous that you've already had your Spring Break! You look so refreshed and relaxed! I'm loving the new 'do!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top