Monday Made It - March Edition (Early Shirley:p)

Happy Monday!  Almost.....I am posting this early because my to do list is a mile long and I need to check this off....lol.  Also, there are some cute freebies I got from other bloggers on here that you may want for tomorrow:)
Tomorrow morning I will probably be shoving down my 4th cup of coffee and attempting to get back into "school" gear after a wonderful week of spring break.  (I may or may not be crying as I type this.....LOL)
So here I go with my made its:)  Lots of gardening and home made its:)
I have had these cards FORRRRRRRRRREVER!!!!  Just never knew what I wanted to do with them. 
Until now:)
 
I made little Read, Research, and Report boxes to use during our Daily 5 rotations.  I was going to make directions to go on the inside of each (and still might at some point) but didn't because I want to have the freedom to change things up easily.  For now, I will just put specific directions on the board.
I may have them make little foldables about one of their cards.
Maybe 3 FF (fun facts) and a little blurb about their card.  Still thinking the details through:)
I made these sweet treats for my kiddos for St. Patty's day tomorrow.
ADORABLE tags are a freebie from the wonderful A Cupcake for the Teacher!
 
I also made their adorable homework passes from the Inspired Owl's Corner.  SO cute!  They're also a freebie.  Link HERE
My kids will be so excited to come back to treats and a homework pass:)

Gardening is my therapy!!!!  I did lots of it over break last week.




Sadly, an egret has found our little pond and in one day wiped out all the fish but a couple.  Makes me sick.  Hubs researched online and one idea was to put out a rubber snake.
Scared the tar out of me!!!!!  I keep forgetting he is out there:/

LOVE this little glass planter I found at a nursery.  It's about the size of a softball.  I filled it with succulents:)
 
There you have it:)  My made its for the month:)  Now it's your turn:)  Can't wait to see what you all have to link up:)  Don't forget to grab my button and also post on Instagram with #mondaymadeit:)
  

16 comments

  1. That is one BAD snake! My hubby has fake snakes all around to deter the woodpeckers from making another home in our house! Great ideas, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about those fact cards. I have a few too but no ideas. Now maybe I do! Please update when you have details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same fact cards but have never used them. What a cute little idea. That snake would get me every time. I hope it keeps the birds away. My aunt did they for seagulls and it worked. Love all of your gardening pictures. I need all the help I can get in that department. I hope you have a nice week back. I hope it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Read, Research and Report cards and boxes. I should do this. I have tons of different cards hanging out. That snake scared me to death. I am petrified of snakes. I don't see as many up here in North Florida as I did when I lived in South Florida, which fine by me!!! Have a great first day back tomorrow. Can't wait for our break to start on Friday at 2:00!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the flash cards. It's always fun to mix up the Dailies.
    I am not afraid of snakes, but that one would definitely throw me! I hope it works!

    Have a great week!
    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor fishies....I hope that snake works for you (and the fishies).
    Really like your idea for the fact cards. I never thought to have them do a mini report for fact cards. Thanks for the idea!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the research boxes that you've created and can't wait to see what the kids do with them! Be sure to share some of their work. What a great idea for stations! :) I have to admit the snake scared me when I first saw the picture...it looks so real. I hope that keeps your area clear of predators! Have a great week!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the Research boxes. I am all the time looking for something that will interest the kids during Daily 5 rotations. There is so much you can do with these. Question: Will you be posting these for others to buy?
    Shana
    4th Grade "Shana"nigans

    ReplyDelete
  9. So we teach our kids to do a picture walk before reading... well, I myself just did that with your post! Almost had a heart attack when I saw the snake! It looks so real! Maybe- I should stick to reading from top to bottom from now on. :) Love the Read, Research, Respond boxes. I have tons of those cards "stored for a later purpose" in a cupboard somewhere! Can't wait to see how you use these! Fabulous ideas as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your students are going to have a BLAST with those research and report fun cards! What a great center activity! I always enjoy pictures of your garden and it makes me long for warmer days here in NY. They will be coming soon (I hope!). Have a great week back!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking forward to some gardening over Spring Break too! Next week for me! What a cute idea for St. Patrick's day - kids LOVE Lucky Charms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate snakes, I would never go out to the garden, lol. I love all your ideas.

    Terri
    Kinder Princess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that makes me so sad about your fish! Hopefully that snake will do the trick! I sent you an email with a link to some printable cards that go with the flash cards- I'm not sure if you've seen those before. I would like to come up with more activities for the kiddos to do with them- maybe this summer! I love the covers you made! Where did you get the cases? They fit perfectly!
    Hope your first day back is painless. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw that snake on your rocks. It looks sooooo real!! I am jealous of your ability to garden now. I would love to get out into my yard, but there's still snow on the ground. Ahhh...spring, where are you?

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your snake scared me too. When we used to live in Colorado I worried about the kids finding one in the back yard. One there was a three foot long fat rattler poking around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the little reports with the cards. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top