Multiple Choice Fans/Sticks - Quick, Fun Assessments

I am so excited to be joining up with a big ole bunch of awesome bloggers to share an idea for the Bright Ideas blog hop.
Today I wanted to share about my multiple choice fans.  (I have talked about them in the past)  I don't know about your school/district, but ours seems to always be in a budget pinch.  When that's the case, we get great materials to work with BUT they cannot be written in so they can be used over.  So, a couple of years ago I came up with my multiple choice fans.
I use these almost daily in my small groups.  We have several great books with multiple choice reading comprehension questions in them.  We will read the passage in our small group and then when it comes time for answering the questions, they each get a "fan".  The fans have A,B,C,D on one side and F,G,H,I on the other.  Then they can answer the question and show me and I can do a quick assessment of who gets it and who doesn't.
Here's what you need to make your own:)
Stickers:)
I love the colorful sticks!
Washers, nuts, and bolts.
My husband drilled little holes and then we put the sticks together with nuts, washers, and bolts.
 

You can just as easily make one stick for each child:)
I HIGHLY recommend that which ever you do, after you apply the sticker, cover it with a layer of mod podge.  That will make it last so much longer.  If not, the sticker peels right off.
Either way, they are great to use in small groups.  The kids love them and are having fun as they're learning:)  Hope these are something fun you can use.  Be sure to grab a pencil and notepad to jot down all the great ideas you will find at this linky. 
 
Next up on the blog hop is  Adrianne from The Tutor House.
 
The Tutor House
Adrianne has a great post for you about Tetris Jenga Ideas.  Just click on the button above to check it out. 
Alternatively, you can search by topic using the link up below and move along to any other blog in the blog hop. 
 



9 comments

  1. I've always loved this idea! Super cute! Love the bright sticks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Glad you posted it again because I didn't see it before!
    Tori
    Tori's Teacher Tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and a paper saver! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is genius! Thanks for this "bright idea" I can't wait to try it in my classroom.
    Kristy @ 2 Peas and a Dog Teaching Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you always make the most awesome resources Tara!!! These are so fun and smart, my students would love them! I have to confess something to you though, my friend...Mod Podge scares me, hahahahaha!!!

    Thanks for sharing another gorgeously useful creation my crafty friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a smart idea! I see a craft project in my near future. Thanks for sharing such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your multiple choice fans are amazing!!! Adding it to my summer Monday Made It list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I'm a fourth grade teacher, too, at a Christian school. I tried to sign up for your blog via email, but it said the feed wasn't enabled. Anyway, I love the stick idea! Question: I have an observation coming up this week! I will be doing language arts. We are starting a unit on nouns tomorrow. Any ideas? :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top