Duct Tape in the Classroom - Bright Ideas Linky

Hello everyone!
Time for the fun Bright Ideas Linky!
Are you ready?!  Grab a notepad to jot down some great ideas.
 
Today I thought I would share some of the ways I have used duct tape in my classroom.  Duct tape is awesome and comes in so many fun, wonderful colors you just feel like ya have to find something to do with it:)
One fun thing I did with duct tape was to cover some ugly clipboards.
 
See.....ugly.....
FUN!
Another thing I did with duct tape was to make some folder holders for some of my centers.
 
Just tape up the sides and you're set.  Fun and cheap:)
One more thing I did with duct tape was to make a duct tape quilt to display student work.  This was time consuming but really worth it.
These are large Ziploc baggies.  It takes up quite a bit of space.  The baggies stay open (on the back) so you just drop in the student work.  Super easy to change out.
I love cute things.  I love to have cute folders but it seems like the cute ones are so much more money for just a few.

There ya have it!  I hope you got a few ideas you can use in your classroom:0)  I would love to hear other great ideas for duct tape.  I know there are a million!
If you enjoyed this idea, please consider joining me on Facebook or Instagram for more great ideas.
 
For more bright ideas from 150 different bloggers, please browse through the link-up below and choose a topic/grade level that interests you. 
Thanks for visiting:)
 


14 comments

  1. Love your ideas! I buy so much cute tape that I have no idea what to do with just because I like it, lol. I'm going to have to try some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found some adorable tape on clearance at Target and this gave me so many fun ideas! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara! I love it - I have all my clipboards duct taped, and the ziploc baggie quilt (I put my mom to work on both). I guess this summer she will be duct taping folders. I've done the three prong ones to "code" them, but never the file folders. I've been thinking about you a lot this year ever since I wrote the 1 for me post back in January. I hope you've been doing well.
    - Sydney
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sincerely love all the different creative ideas you have for using duct tape! I love all the cute duct tapes that are out now, but really have no idea how to use them. You've just given me some great ideas. Must go buy some duct tape! : )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with duct tape! Thank you for giving me more ideas on how to use it. Last week I used it to fix a student's shoe that fell apart and labelled some plastic pocket folders with the white duct tape. The possibilities are endless.
    Cheers and happy taping!!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful ways to make things even cuter! I love your tape choices, too ;)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Duct Tape! I use it on the spines of my students' interactive notebooks so the metal wires don't get caught on other notebooks or pulled on by students themselves. I need to make the Baggie quilt next! Love it!

    Susan
    Passioninportableland

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made a quilt too! I actually made two smaller ones because I didn't have the space in the hallway to hang one long one - but I had two smaller areas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Tara!! I just got off Elizabeth's blog and was so excited because I found a summer project and now you've given me more!!! I love it, all of it!!! You always make the best things!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I've always wondered, though...does the duct tape make the clipboards hard to write on? I wanted to do this to jazz up my clipboards, but haven't gotten up the nerve. :) Yoir are super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! I have been looking for a reason to buy some of that wacky duct tape. Now I know what to do with it. I love that idea!
    Thanks!!!
    Heather
    Mrs. Bucaroff's Fantastic Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great ideas! I love finding the duct tape with cute designs in the dollar bin section of target, and now that my clipboards are a few years old, maybe I can freshen them up with some fun duct tape!
    -Meg

    ReplyDelete
  13. Duct tape does come in such fun colors and patterns now! Thanks for such great ideas! I really like the folder idea. Cute folders are so much more expensive than plain ones!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top