Friday Five - FCAT...Survived!!

FCAT (our state testing for 4th graders) is done!!!!  I felt like a truck had run through me on the last day!!!  So much worryin for my littles and prayin....exhausted!!! 
 
 
So I am poppin in on my 3 day weekend to link up with Doodle Bug's because it has been a while!
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/04/five-for-friday-linky-party-april-18.html

So here are 5 from my week....random and not:)
After our last test, the kids started an Earth day project.  These are coffee filters.  LOVE to spray those with water!!!  So fun and they come out so neat!!!
I'm tying a little writing project to this....just haven't gotten the template made yet:)
One morning I walked into my classroom and one of my sweeties had left this
This brought me to tears......don't know if you can read it.....she wrote
"a teacher so brave, she actually cared"
So sweet!!
Finished this read aloud this week!
HILARIOUS!!!!!  LOVED this book!!!!
The kids finished up their symmetry name/bugs this week.  I'll blog more about that next week.  I have tons of pics to share.
Just and FYI....the names are symmetrical....not the bugs....lol.

So excited my baby and her baby came home for Easter!!!!
 
 
I hope you all have a blessed Easter!
 

15 comments

  1. love the Earths, love the names, and so happy your testing is complete!!!

    enjoy your weekend!!!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on surviving testing! I love your coffee filter Earths!
    Happy Easter!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it feel good?! Our last year of FCAT! Of course, next year has so much unknown . . .

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those earth crafts are so beautiful! Can't wait to read about how you added the writing. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. FIRST of all… I looooove the new blog design! It's so beautiful, bright, and fun! Second of all, we're doing the coffee filter project, only, we're making our own planets! They get to decorate them as they want and then write about it. Third of all - the picture your kiddo drew… how inspiring! I love it. Fourth… I'm going to try that book to start the year off next year - we're currently reading The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and we're looooving it. Finally, I am in love with the symmetry drawings. They're so cool… I think we're going to try that, too!!! Thanks for all the great ideas!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooooove those coffee filter earths!! And your new design is BEA-utiful!! Love it lady!!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on surviving the tests! We finished up last week! Such a relief! I have also added yet another book to my wishlist - I love funny books that will keep the kiddos reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to get back to state testing next year. NOT! That's one thing I do NOT miss! Teaching in Korea definitely has its advantages. :)
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE all the artistic things you do with your BIG kids! :) I bet they LOVED every minute of it. Congrats on surviving the FCAT and your new blog design. It is so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Earth Day craft!!!! It came out great!!!

    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for being finished with the FCAT!! Whoop whoop! I feel your pain!!! I think it's worse to have to watch them take it than it is for them to have to answer the questions!! Well, maybe it's a tie, really! We start testing in a week and a half. I'm already a ball of nerves for my 4th graders!!! I'm so glad yours is done and you can relax!

    I LOVE the Earth Day craft!! I so want to try that! I may steal the symmetry idea as well!! And, I have not heard of that book!!! I will definitely have to check it out!!

    Your daughter is beautiful! She takes after YOU!! Happy Easter!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! We're done with FCAT! I wish we took the test instead of watched them take it! Your Earth Day projects are awesome! Your daughter is gorgeous like her mama!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY for being FCAT completion for you!!!! Only two days left for me. I am definitely going to check out that book to read to my kids. I love the puppy and pearls picture! So cute!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful treasure from your student! Your kids' earths look fabulous and the read aloud book looks like a charge! Thanks for sharing...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top