Monday Made It Summer Week 4

Happy summer!  Thanks everyone that linked up last week.  I can tell school is out for almost all because the linky grows every week:)  Can't wait to see what ya'll link up this week.
Before I share my made its, I want to go over a couple of "rules" for this linky.  Guess I should have done that a while ago...anywhosie....I don't really have rules.  Mostly suggestions...
- please leave love at the other blogs you visit
- if you don't have anything nice to say then just move on
- doesn't have to be school related...recipes, crafts, gardening, are all great
- make sure if you made (bought/downloaded) a product by someone else that you give them credit and link to them or their product
 
THE ONE major rule I have is that I would really prefer you not link directly to your TPT store.  If you have a product you made and want to plug, that's great:)  Just please blog about it, tell about it and link to your store from there:) 
For you "newish" bloggers, a word of advice...it's great to link up a product you made for sale but maybe not every week.  People love to see projects and plans you have for your classroom.  Store promotion every week can tend to turn people away.  I am not in any way saying not to link your TPT stuff...just not every week or better yet, throw in a freebie:)
Ok....now that that's out of the way, let's get this party started:)
As you all know, we are in the beginning stages of a kitchen/dining room redo!!  Folks it's killing me...lol.  Messes EVERYWHERE!!!  But it's happening and I know I will be beyond thrilled with it when it's done:)  Last week you saw the tile set.  We (hubs) did get the dining room portion done and here are some pics:
I may have panicked a little bit when I saw this mess!!!!  Grout going on...
and dining room section done:)
This is a pic of the old tile....has a mauve/pinky tint to it...told ya it was old and I hated it:/
Side note:  The little white pup up there is recovering nicely from being attacked by a coyote last week.  He had to have surgery for stitches but he is doing awesome.  He's 20 pds and thinks he's a pitbull:/ 
Dining room kinda put back together:)
Had to put in new baseboard with this fixer upper.  I chose a baseboard that was an inch wider than the one we had.  I have been busy painting that:)
 
Of course I had to get in some gardening therapy this week!  I did another little flower bed around another palm tree in our side lot.
Before and after:)
Best part about this.....all the plants I used I got from other parts of my gardens:)  Didn't buy a thing:)
 
 
To say this kitchen/mess makeover is consuming me is an understatement...lol.  BUT I did have time to whip up a classroom made it and I'm making it a FREEBIE:p  Can ya stand the cuteness of Ashley Hughes clipart set?!?!  LOVE her!!!!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/My-PetsShared-Writing-Journal-Covers-1286499
Printed and laminated...just didn't have the notebooks to glue the covers on. 
Somebody likes them:)
 
We have been using shared writing journals in our classroom for a few years.  The kids love them.  I usually have them be a part of our Daily 5/Work on Writing.  Simple to set up.  Just glue the covers on spiral notebooks and you're done:)  The kids can start a story and then the next day someone else can add to it or they can start and complete one all on their own.  They love reading through all the creativity:)  If you would like to download the My Pets..freebie, click HERE:)  Love some feedback:)
 
That's all I've got for this week.  As I type this my hubby is resurfacing the ceiling!  Sooooo much to do.  I am mostly clean up crew.  He makes the mess, I clean it up and then the next day we do it all again:)   

35 comments

  1. Your house and yard look great!! What is it with us teachers? We always seem to work just as hard or harder in the summer!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always FLOORED by what you get accomplished! Looking GOOD around the house, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a chance to check out your new blog design and it is AHMAZING! I absolutely love it! I will definitely be keeping your designer in mind when I start to venture towards a new one myself! :)

    Erin
    Creating & Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house and yard projects look awesome! I love larger baseboard, we installed it in 2 of the rooms we did. I want it in the rest of the house, but we have more walls than I have patience! One day, one project at a time! Hope your sweet dog is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time with messes too. But, it's going to look awesome once it's done!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so tired of our house that we don't want to do anything new to it! Love the tile pattern! Thanks for the freebie! I haven't switched out my Shared Journals since I started them! These title are super cute!

    Debbi
    3rd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining room looks great! I love using shared journal in my class as well!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tile is looking so good! I can't wait to see it once everything is done! I thought of you this past week. I know you've talked about how much you love gardening. I wish I did, but I don't! I have to wear gloves ..... Haha! I thought about that while I was planting some red geraniums!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww-your poor little doggie!!! :( I'm glad he is ok!! You must live somewhere remotely tropical because the soil looks very sandy! Your gardening job looks great!!!!
    Lori
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you moving onward with your kitchen redo. Since the mega amounts of painting a couple of weeks ago, I haven't got the gumption to start taking down wall paper. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    Christy Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm can't comment or rate on TPT from my phone, but I wanted to let you know those are awesome shared writing topics. Very creative?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant...."very creative!"
      (With an exclamation point)

      Delete
  12. The new tile looks FAB! Great idea on the book covers. I may have to try that for my new writing center this year! As always, thank you for your hard work in hosting this linky. I appreciate you!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am still glad you are getting your re-do...sorry you are having to clean all summer. It'll about be worth it in the end because you will be in brand spanking new kitchen...which is fabulous except for the fact that cooking goes on in there. Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learninm'

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love seeing pictures of your garden. You have the magic touch!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Linky! I was a big fan last summer. Now I have my own blog to participate. Loving the new tile! It looks great. Hope you puppy recovers soon! Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been busy! I love the home projects you have done! The new floor looks great :)

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We redid our kitchen last winter...we debated on doing tile versus laminate and decided on laminate. After seeing your kitchen I wish we'd done tile! It's looking really good!! I can't wait to link up with some of my projects that have to wait until after Bible school and vacation!! :)

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a true green thumb! Everything I plant dies soon after :(

    Your remodel looks beautiful! I love the two size tiles you chose. I'm excited to see more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so crafty all around! I love seeing your gardening! I have a black thumb. Thanks for hosting as always! I'm excited to link up this week!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is looking great at your house! I know how stressful renovations can be, and being on the clean up crew can't be any fun!
    Hope your cute little furry friend is doing okay.
    And thanks for hosting this creative linky! I love seeing what everyone is up to!

    Kay @ Sommer Pride

    ReplyDelete
  21. Poor puppy! Your garden looks great!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your dining room looks so inviting, Tara! :)
    Kacie

    Selling the Sizzle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your dining room looks amazing!! Your husband is very talented. I am a huge Krista Walden fan and those dogs are the cutest clip art I've seen in a while!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  24. Christian, how funny that our posts both start with a remodel. You are knee deep in yours. Mine is still two weeks out. Hopefully mine will be as great as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The journal covers are so cute! Congrats on all of your hard work around your house!
    Miss King's Enchanted Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahh, your house is looking good!!! I know you are so excited to see it all completed.

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the new tile! It looks so good! I really want to replace my yucky carpet with tile... someday!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the idea for the writing journals - thanks for sharing!

    The dining room looks great!

    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your house and yard look super awesome!

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this linky! I completely understand the remodeling...seems like I've lived in a remodeling project most of my married life! :-) Right now we're adding a second bathroom and finishing the laundry room...well, we have been working on it for awhile. Ha!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ok Tara I in # 91! Love this linky it is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the idea of a shared journal. Do you only have one going at a time?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness- I couldn't download those cute shared journals fast enough...and pinned as well. Those are so cute. I wanted so badly to link up...just don't have a thing made :o( yet. Link up with me and share your classroom decorating/organizing plans for this fall! I'm a follower! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top