Friday, July 25, 2014

Florida Teacher Blog Hop

Welcome to the Sunshine State! Enjoy yourself as you take a tour around our wonderful {and large!} state! Grab some freebies along the way, and be sure to enter to win our Bundles of Sunshine
I have lived in Florida for 25 years!  I moved to Charlotte county with my husband 3 days after we were married.  Before that I lived in Illinois all my life.  The sand and palm trees were shell shock for this small town, farm girl but I have adjusted and LOVE it here!
 
One advantage to living where I live is being close to several beaches.  I LOVE to get up early and go to the beach for a walk. 
This past year my husband and I were blessed enough to come across a team that was checking sea turtle nests and guess what?!?!
LOOK!  Precious babies!  We got to help watch and make sure they all made it to the water!!  What a treat!!  I just love collecting shells too!
 
I am also lucky enough to live close to a very popular beach.  Siesta Key.  The sand there is like white sugar!
I have actually been there a ton of times because my daughter plays beach volleyball and has had a lot of tournaments there:)  So beautiful!
Just a few weeks ago I was able to finally meet my bloggy bestie, Elizabeth from Fun in Room 4B, there!
This weekend, we have freebies for you to enjoy! Stop by each of our blogs for an activity or idea to use in your classroom. I have 2 freebies for ya!  To grab them just click on the pics:)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Login-Loops-1262684http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/My-PetsShared-Writing-Journal-Covers-1286499
                  Login Loops                                                     My Pet..Shared Writing
 
The Login Loops I made because my kiddos are always asking if I remember their username and password.....?!  No, I don't....there are too many so I made a set of these for each student this year to help them remember.  The My Pet freebie is one of a few sets of my shared writing journal covers.  These are great to put in a writing center for Work on Writing.  Hope you can use one or both of them:)
 
 
The Florida teachers below have two fantastic giveaways for you! You can enter once from each one of our pages. All you have to do is follow my blog! Hop around to all the blogs listed below, and be sure to follow them to get more entries. The more entries you have, the more likely you are to win! Each pack also includes a Starbucks gift card (because, well, a teacher's gotta have a coffee!).
 

Come find out more about the beautiful state of Florida by reading about these other sweet teachers!
 

26 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to live so close to the beach! That is one of the things I miss most about Miami (although the beaches are not as beautiful) and of course, the Cuban coffee! How amazing to get to see baby sea turtles!!! That must have been an incredible experience. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sea turtles are just adorable! We have the same thing happening in South (east) FL. The city have even started putting special covers on the street lights along the beach. The covers are made of black material that face the ocean and clear material that faces the street. So far it has helped! But it is oh so fun to watch them work their way out of the shells and into the ocean! :) Life is beautiful. It's amazing how God created each and every thing for a special purpose--even baby sea turtles!

    Meredith
    Creativity to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beach pictures, those turtles are adorable. Total sidenote ~ I know your blog makeover is old news by now but I haven't been here FOREVER so I just want to tell you that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! Now I'm motivated to do a project this weekend so I can link up with Monday Made it.
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Tara! I love all of the beaches that we have access too.
    Take care, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your pictures of the sea turtles! My family had the opportunity to witness baby sea turtles making their way to the ocean. My son was asked to help carry a few of them over the breaking waves on his surf board by the Marine Biologist monitoring the nest! Wish I had pictures of it...

    Susan
    PassioninPortableland

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live in a gorgeous place! This blog hop is going to consume my day! Thanks to all of you!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great blog hop and I know everyone put it a lot of time and hard work. I did have some problems along the hop and wanted you to be aware of the problems. In your blog, the log ins download would not go to TPT, it only went to the window to pin it to Pinterest. Same problem with Lesson with Mrs. Labrasciano, What Happens in 27 (Top 300 words), and Owl in a Vowel Tree. At
    Faithful in First (google-needed permission). I Live, I Love, I Teach! did not go to the blog hop and
    Learning by the Seashore page was unavailable. I am not complaining, just thought you would want to know if there were any problems. I did find some great ideas and enjoyed the hop. If I downloaded the product, I left feedback on TPT. Thanks for sharing information about Florida (we have relatives in Tampa) and the great products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so perfect for me & just made my Friday! I am a NEW Florida teacher! I moved to Orlando a year ago with my husband from Missouri (Midwest girls rock!) and am starting my first year teaching 4th grade and in a public school district. I have taught KDG and 2nd grade the last 4 years in private schools. Needless to say, I am scared out of my mind for these 4th graders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sea turtle picture is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know...when I lived in Collier county, we were just a hop, skip and jump away from one another. Moving to the Panhandle was a big shock for me. The first week I was here, I saw a dead deer on the back of someone's truck. I couldn't even believe my eyes. Now I am so used to the relaxed pace. I definitely don't miss Naples traffic! Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live near the beach, too! I bet it makes all of your morning runs quite beautiful. Thanks for the login freebie. I have to laugh each time I hear, "Mrs. Lopez, do you remember my username?" Why yes! I remember them ALL! Ha-not! It's nice to meet other Florida bloggers!

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super envious about the sea turtles! I love your Login Loops! I'm tired of trying to always find IDs and passwords. THanks!
    Steph
    Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a few months ago my family and I had the pleasure of visiting Siesta Key for the very first time ever (and we're native Floridians from Miami)! This is by far the BEST beach I have EVER been too! Coming from Miami beach where walking on hot shells is a very painful experience, being able to walk on the cool, flour like sand at Siesta Key was AMAZING! Speaking of things that are amazing your turtle pics are ADORABLE!
    :0) Melissa
    More Time 2 Teach

    ReplyDelete
  14. My all-time favorite beach to go to is Siesta Key. I'm not as lucky as you to live so close but we gladly drive the hour for that beauty!

    Kristen
    Loving Teaching Inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those baby sea turtles!!! I just scared my hubby to death screaming for him to come look at your picture! Thanks for sharing and I am enjoying getting to know all the sunshine state bloggers :)

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am obsessed with turtles! I can't believe you were so up close with them as they made their way tot the water. How amazing!!! I'm loving the blog hop and getting to know all of the Florida bloggers. I lived in Illinois for several years before moving over the border into Wisconsin. Have a great weekend.
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved your pictures especially those adorable sea turtles. I really want to come visit. I see a road trip one day in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved reading through your post. We have turtle watchers on our beach in Panama City. It must have been exciting to see the young turtles!
    Burke's Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pictures of the beach are beautiful. The beach is my favorite place to be, you are lucky to live so close. So very cool that you got to see the baby turtles make their way to the ocean. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  20. I knew you lived in Florida, but wasn't sure where! I've heard Siesta Key is beautiful, but haven't been there! We just got back a few weeks ago from Palm Coast. We went to St. Augustine a lot and I LOVED it! Such a pretty city! That is SO neat you were able to see the baby sea turtles! How amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those pictures look like postcards!! It's beautiful!! I have always wanted to see baby turtles hatching! What a fun experience!!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the picture of the baby sea turtles! I did the walk in the morning to find the nests, but never go to see the babies head to the sea. It would have been great!

    Thank you so much for sharing the Login Loops. We have too many different programs with too many different logins. My first graders will definitely use these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the freebie. I live close by in Sarasota County (North Port). I also love Siesta Key and Casey Key Beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These log in loops are great! Thanks so much for sharing your cute stuff! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete