Book Reporting FUN!!!

Jen Runde, I LOVE you!!! 
 
We just had the best time last week with book reports.....book reports?  Those aren't fun...the kids don't usually like them, they don't do a great job, they're boring........
 
WELL, our book reports were amazing thanks to Jen Runde and her awesome Paper Bag Character Study packet!
These were so fun!  The kids really dug into their reading!  It was also a great way to stir up some interest in other books that some of my kids may have never considered but are now interested after hearing a little about them:)
Here are some pics of the individual projects:)
My absolute FAVE part of this project was the kids having to fill their bags with 10 things that connect/relate to that character.  Some of my kids really got into this by making things out of clay:)
I loved how creative they got with relating to their character and the items they chose.
Some of the items were really ingenious:)  I love how this student made an acrostic with the word positive which was a word that described his character! 
This girl was really creative with her choices and even dressed like her character for the day of her presentation!  I forgot to get a pic:/



 
Just a peek at the items chosen and made for their projects tells me that most of my kids have a great passion for reading and they really enjoyed sharing that with the class through this project!  Thank you Jen for creating such amazing products that my kids so enjoy!!!
 




5 comments

  1. Love you right back. ♥ I am SO happy your kiddos loved this - it's one of my favorite book projects to do. I LOVE all the pics - their projects turned out SO awesome!!! You've got some fantastic thinkers in your room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! I have third grade next year and I bet they'll love it too.
    Always Primary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!! If I teach 4th grade next year I'll definitely be using this! I just started blogging and found your blog. I am following and loving all the ideas I'm getting from you. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this idea!!! Going to have to use it for my primary students next year! Thanks for sharing!
    Chandra @ Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top