Monday Made It - June 29

Happy Monday Made It!  I have had a crazy/busy/I won't go into details week.  Just trust me when I say, it's been interesting:/

Ok, my first made it I should have shared a while ago with the rules and spaced it.

These I didn't make but the FAB Megan from I Teach What's Your Superpower and A Bird in Hand Designs did:)  It's my Monday Made It buttons!  You can grab them HERE to use in your Monday Made It Posts:)  Sorry I didn't share these earlier but now you have them:)

I have been busy creating.  One thing I made was a new classroom set. (also with digital papers from Megan!)  I'm glad I already have quite a chunk of money sunk in my new colors...I love this set just as much as my new one:)

I also made a new set of Take a Ticket in a Kids version because I can't get enough of these Scrappy Kids from Graphics from the Pond!!!
Take a Ticket Kids Version

This next made it is from a teacher that has been rocking out her Monday Made Its and posting some awesome stuff!!!  AS soon as I saw this made it, I knew I had to have it and make it for my classroom!  
Here's her box!  You have to visit her blog and read all about it and all her other fab stuff!!!  Her color scheme is so calming!!  I LOVE IT!!!

So I couldn't find a cute box like Kelli's so I had to make one....I finally found this metal recipe box at Michaels but I didn't like how low the cards sat in the box.  So, I grabbed some cork too!
I cut the cork to fit the bottom of the box and it raised the cards:)
Before cork...
After cork with my husband's hand photo bomb:/

SOOOOO cute!!!  I wish like crazy I would have had this resource last year....I had an amazing group of readers that would have eaten this up:)
I added some burlap ribbon and the tag and we are all set to go:)  

You seriously need to check her blog out!  FULL of awesomeness!!
Tales of a Tenacious Teacher
Of course I had to get a garden made it in;)  I doubled my workout one day and hauled a bunch of pavers from our second lot to the backyard to expand what I call "the bird seed area".  This is basically the spot where the majority of the feeders and bird seed are.  My husband put down pavers for me to set things on to hold the seed.  Well, for the life of me I can't find the before pics....I know I have them but give up trying to find where so you will just have to trust me when I say I made this area a lot bigger:)
My final made it is my classroom crate seats!!  I have had these for a few years....never had a problem with them....until this past year....and 2 broke....BUT it wasn't because my kids were too big....I had a group of "rockers"....like they would rock on the crate and then it would crack and then eventually break:(  So I do have to replace a few of the black crates.
These were last years.  The fabric held up really well.  I only brought home one crate for storage purposes but you get the idea:)
The tools you need are a staple gun, scissors, needle nose pliers, and some muscles...lol
I used the needle nosed pliers to pull off the old fabric and most of the staples:)  
Then I laid out the fabric with the board (and foam) on top:)  The duct tape around the edges of the board is so the edges don't rub and rip the fabric.
I also add the ribbon pulls to lift the lid off if I want to use them as storage...which so far I haven't:/


Whew!  That's it for me!!!  I should have paced myself...have no clue what to do for next week:)  LOL!  Can't wait to see what everyone links up this week to inspire others with:)  Thanks for popping by and for linking up:)  Have a wonderful week!!



20 comments

  1. I love the fabric you picked for your crate seats! They look so pretty!

    Victoria
    Enchanted in Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure had a productive week! Your crate covering project reminds me of when I redid our dining room chairs a few years ago. You're so right - it takes muscle! :)
    Linda at Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your "take a ticket" product. So adorable and I love the design! The fabric you chose for those crates is great! I've been so excited to see what you were going to make with them after seeing you show them on Instagram. What a great job you did with the seats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very busy! I know you did a lot--but I am pretty sure you'll come up with something great for next week...though I know your schedule is NOT going to clear in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your buzz box turned out!!! I had the same problem with the cards, but luckily mine already came with a piece of cardboard to prop them up. But look at you and your genius mind to solve that problem!! Thank you so much for giving me a shout-out and for motivating me to keep creating for each Monday. I'll thank you even more come September when it's back to school. P.s. I was trying to convince my husband to help me make some milk crate seats after seeing your remodel... no luck yet, but I will make it happen!!!
    Kelli
    Tales of a Tenacious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! First of all, thank you for introducing me to the Tenacious Teacher!!!! I want to make the Book Buzz now!!! I also love the crates! One day, I am going to make those as well. I see so much possibility with those. Thanks for going this!

    Becky
    CookingUpSuccess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the new colors for your classroom! That fabric is so cheery and fun! Your garden pics always make me smile- what a beautiful space :) Thanks for hosting and sharing so many wonderful ideas <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your crate seats are adorable. I love the fabric. Thanks for hosting another week.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara,

    The crate seats you made are awesome! That is a great idea! 4th graders are just starting to get to the age where sitting on the floor is uncomfortable for them. I'm curious, do you make one of these for each student? If so, where do you store all of the crates and pads?

    Thanks for sharing.

    Shane
    Math is FunDamental

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome made its! I LOVE your crate seats. I know I saw Diane from Fifth in the Middle cover her fabric with either a clear shower curtain or table cloth to help the fabric last longer, so that may be something you want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loove the fabric on your new crate seats! They turned out great! Thanks for sharing and hosting this linky!! :)
    Amber
    Mrs. Masters’ Kinder Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tara, you've been busy!!! Wow! I love your new crate seats! A new classroom makeover of colors is too ambitious for me-I like how you change it up and keep it fresh! Thanks for hosting a fabulous party!
    ~Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You were busy this week! I love your crate seats - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your classroom is such a bright & cheery place!! I love your crate seat cushions; so pretty!! You always have the best ideas, Tara!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the crate seats! I would do that, but I don't think my high school students would fit on them :)
    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the crate seats! I just added this to one of my pinterest boards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun new classroom colors you have! I'm doing new stuff this year, too (after 7 years...) and my pocket book is also feeling it. My fiance asked what the budget was, and I said "Um, there is no budget!" Thanks for hosting the great link up!
    Stephanie
    Applelight Moments By Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas and setting up this link up. It's a fantastic way to see what others are doing each week. The colors on your crates are cute enough for a little girl's room.
    Beti

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY! I'm so glad you Book Buzz cards. I can't wait to get back to FL and print mine out. Super excited to use that this year.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top