Monday Made It - July 27 - Crunch Time

Ok everyone!!!!  Getting real here!  I have one week and one day and it's on!!  I feel like my summer just started and now it's almost over and I have flipped into a tiny bit of panic mode...BUT, I am really going to try to chill out, enjoy my last week and take it one day at a time!!

I have found that I am much more productive in "panic" mode....not sure hubs likes that but....
My first made it....my student homework folders.  Each year I buy and set up a folder for my kiddos for their homework.  This year I decided to bite the bullet and get the folders that were a little more heavy duty than the paper ones.  They use them every single day...in the past I have had to replace several paper so I'm hoping these will survive the school year;)

I made these adorable labels for their folders and I just LOVE them.  I can't ever get enough of From the Pond's Scrappy Kids!!!

I'm also really hoping that the labels don't peel off easy!  I will be soooo bummed if that happens:/
Still not done with these:)  Have to set up the inside too!  That will be a different made it:)
Hubby got in on the made its this week!  Side note....I have a fun little chat with Alison from Rockin and Lovin Learning.  She messaged me to tell me her husband was worried she was gonna miss out getting her Monday Made It done...too funny.  When the men know about Monday Made It, it's some serious stuff!  Lol.  So anyway, my husband helped this week and I have big plans for him in the next few weeks too!  Shhh!  Just don't tell him that;)
I found this little metal table a while ago at a thrift store for super cheap and it really wasn't doing anything but gathering dust...lol.  So I decided to have hubs paint it and I'm going to bring it into my classroom!
Love me some turquoise!!!  Can't wait to find a place for this in my classroom:)
Made a few more things for my classroom in my new colors!

I had these up in other colors last year. 
I'm hoping to go in one day this week to get my decorating done...well, started...lol!
I even had time to squeeze in a home made it!  
I have this plain, bare window in front of my sink...it just needed something:/  I saw a pic on IG and fell in love and decided that's what it needed!
Before.....and the windows are all foggy because it's been raining nonstop and the humidity is horrible!
After:)  Kinda love it!!

These aren't quite done yet....I didn't get my ribbon for them yet because I'm waiting for the sale...lol.
These are the name tags for our book luggage:)  I usually make round ones but decided to switch it up a little and see if I liked these:)

I have a million things started, not finished, not started, on my to do list, all over my dining room table.....haha!!  Maybe next week!!

Now it's your turn!  I'll just add all the wonderful things ya'll link up to my list..lol!   Thank you for stopping by and thank you for linking up:)  Please don't forget to leave some love on the blogs you visit!!!  I know comments and emails make my day:)





31 comments

  1. I go back August 5th! The summer went by extremely fast. It always does :( . Love the color of the side table. Looks like you have a great start on back to school list. I need to start working on my folders. I hope you enjoy your last week and one day of relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I'm with Miss Nelson, seeing as we teach at the same school. You always go back right before we do. You are going to love having the thicker plastic folders. Most should last the whole year through. The labels, maybe if they are super duper careful. I have put book tape on top before, but it just depends how rough they are if it will stay on or not. LOVE the color of your table. It matches my table and chairs that we painted this summer. So excited that I scooped up your "Where are we & subject cards" from your TpT. I hopped over there before even leaving you a comment. This is going to go perfectly in my classrrom. I love what you did with the window. Ready for the humidity to go away...ugh! Thanks for the shout-out....that's so funny that you mentioned that. I actually wrote about it too! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that table!!! We don't go back until September 9th, so late this year! So I still have some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That table looks wonderful! I am LOVING your color theme and everything :)

    I go back Aug. 10. New school and new people so I'm super nervous

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the table! Isn't great when we can repurpose something and have it turn out so darn cute?! I've been searching all summer for some bookshelves. I think I've finally found one but I know I'll need to paint it. Teachers go back the Aug. 10, so I'm not sure I'll have time to actually get that done or not. I love all your labels - everything looks awesome! I'm feeling a little panicked myself but am out of town so all my Made Its are computer generated this week.
    Thanks as always for the link up! It's very motivating:)
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara,
    The colors in your new theme are divine!!
    I have used the plastic folders for many years. They generally hold up really well unless scissors get involved. ;) I always put clear packing tape over the label to keep the inevitable water bottle "sweat" (don't get me started on how the water bottle should NOT be inside the backpack) from causing the ink to run/fade.
    I go back on Thursday. Full blown panic mode has set in this morning!!
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kitchen window came out stunning! What a great job you did!

    Best,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tuquoise table is awesome! What a difference a paint job can make.

    I saw the sale ad for Hobby Lobby yesterday and their ribbon is half off this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tara! Finally getting in on the linky this week. Thanks so much for hosting! Even if I haven't been posting, I love, love, love to see what everyone is making! Your table is so cute--and the kitchen shade! I go back in 3 weeks so I'm feeling like I need to get with it. :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm obsessed with Graphics from the Pond as well. I have my top 3 clip art artists and they are one of them! :)
    Kim
    iTeachSTEM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little turquoise table, those touches help our classrooms feel like home. Pretty new colors for your classroom, as well~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Know that you are not alone with the projects spewing around your house! My husband will sometimes say, "Is this for one of those Made It on Monday things?" It's basically my excuse to leave a mess everywhere and not clean it up HA! So for that, I thank you. But I LOVE that table!!! Great color choice. I can't wait to see your room when it's all put together- I know it'll look fabulous!
    Kelli
    Tales of a Tenacious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for creating Monday Made It Link Ups! I have really enjoyed visiting all the blogs as well as participating!-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tara, I always love all of your projects! The bulletin board is adorable, and I love the book luggage! The more heavy duty folders are so much more durable! I bought some thick ones at Target this year when they were on sale- I hope they hold up! My hubby helped me spray paint for Monday Made It too! I have one week left and counting...YIKES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your letters are so cute and creative. You are adding to my list of things to get done before next week! You will like the poly folders much better. I love mine and prefer them because they last so much longer with Pre-K kids.
    Jessica
    Wild & Fun in Pre-K

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should go ahead and send me that little end table you painted. It matches my classroom PERFECTLY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the poly folders. I used them for W.I.P. folders in the past. I wanted to reuse them and they lasted quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did the same thing with my folders and I REALLY hope the stickers stay on mine as well! I had the same thought. Love your ideas and thanks for the link up again! I always look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those labels!! Happy organizing to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how colorful and cheery everything is! Can't wait to see how it all comes together in your classroom.

    Cole
    Teach Glitter Grow

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE that little table! I am trying to do this as my first linky party as a blogger, but I have no idea how to do a linky party. Can someone help me with instructions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen,
      You hit the little blue button that says Inlinkz and then fill in the boxes from there. You will need to have a blog post already published and then you link it with that button. Hope this helps:)

      Delete
  22. For the third week in a row, I've read EVERY SINGLE post in your link-up. The only problem is that I end up with like 25 tabs open at once because everyone has ideas that inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your homework folder labels. So bright and colorful!

    Jordan
    Team J's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the turquoise table!! It was a total facelift!
    Smiles,
    Sarah
    Tales of Teaching with Tech

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, that table is gorgeous. I love the swirls/scrolls. What great details.

    I also really like the letters/patterns for the Learning Goals sign. I can't mix and match patterns like you-- I always stick with boring because trying to find patterns that go together stresses me out!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your learning goals. Thanks for hosting this wonderful linky party every week. It has introduced me to so many great teacher blogs. Happy blogging :)
    @ Wiley Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  28. Panic Mode is definitely the best way to get things done. In fact, it is the guaranteed time when we'll accomplish me than is humanly possible. Good luck with you last week of summer!
    Matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your name tags for your book luggage!!! Are they in one of the packs on TPT??

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your little teal table. I just got a cute stand like this, but round, and wasn't sure what to do with it. I'm thinkin' a little paint will do!
    Mindy
    Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top