Monday Made It - July 6

Hello!  I hope you all had a wonderful and safe 4th of July weekend!!!  It's linking up time again.
Monday Made It link ups are growing and so is my summer to do list!!  Thank you everyone for linking up and all your fab ideas!  I love sitting with a cup of coffee (or two) and checking out everyone's fun and inspiration! 
So, by now you all know I changed my classroom colors for this year.  Didn't know until I was in TOO deep that that meant changing almost everything!!!  EVERY.THING!  So as my mind slowly processes that, I discover on a daily basis, one more thing that needs to be redone!  This leads me to my first made it and it's also a FREEBIE! 
I use a "version" of Daily 5 in my classroom each year.  I love the training that goes along with Daily 5 and the routine of it.  So I made a new rotation board to match my new colors:)

I don't know why all my pics are so dark...sorry...but that's the way they're staying because I don't have time to redo them all...lol.  The paper is navy and white stripe because navy is in my new colors.  It's wrapping paper from Marshalls.  I used the same last year (in a diff. color)  It's great for bulletin boards too:)
If you are interested in this freebie, you can download it by clicking on the Freebies tab right here on my blog and it will take you right to it and a few more:)

My second made it was a link up from last week!  This is from Hodges Herald:)  This is one thing I LOVE about this linky!  I find something I love and boom!  It's done...I don't have time to reinvent the wheel ya'll so love when I can click and get something:)
I just love this as an early finishers board!  Can't wait to find a place for it in my classroom:)
You can read all about this and see lots more pics here on her blog:)
 photo Slide1_1.png

My third made it....my classroom desk tags:)
Now....I know, I know...you're asking what if my list changes....and it probably will BUT if it doesn't or even if it changes a little, I'm one step ahead of the game:)  The start of my school year is just weeks away so I need to get it in gear!
My next made it....I decided to give terrarium gardening a shot.  Well, it started with a nursery that my daughter and I had gone to and they had fairy gardens, which we both loved but she said the fairies looked scary (she's 22 btw...lol) so it's a fairy garden without the fairies;)
I started with some big jars, teeny plants and some gravel in the bottoms.
Then some dirt and plants.  Word of advice....get a jar with a big opening...it was hard for me to maneuver my hand and the plants, and add more dirt....
Not too bad for my first time...one is for me and one is for my girl and her new apartment:)




That's all I have for this week!  I have been a little side tracked with this.....
yes....Vegas bound!!!  Eek!!


A little side note.....I bought this along with a few other books to read on the plane...well I read this book in a day and a half....if you haven't read it, you MUST!  Great book!!!!
Ok...that's it for me!  Can't wait to see what's in store for me this week with this link up and in VEGAS!!!  Have a blessed week everyone!!



23 comments

  1. Love it when classroom colors coordinate! I wish I had a green thumb. Nothing I plant ever grows :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously don't know how you do it making a switch with your colors. You are my hero when you make these choices! Since you are adding pink, all your hardwork will pay off because it will have you smiling big. So glad you posted Elizabeth's "Number of the Day" bulletin board set. I scooped that up too and need to pin it! She's awesome! You are going to have so much fun in Vegas. I wish I would've known I was going to be in California this summer. It would've been easy for me to scoot over there. Can't wait to read all about your adventures! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these ideas, especially the math idea! Such a great idea! I am going to have to make one for home too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creative juices are a-flowing! The terrariums are super sweet... I wonder if they will last a while with little care? Please keep us updated on how they survive. :0)
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always wow'ed by how much you get done--but also wonder how much ink you use! HA! I feel I am ALWAYS running out of ink. Glad to see you are packed...a few more details to shove in for me--but I do believe it's all fitting in my carry on. Thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those adorable terrariums! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD!!! What a great surprise to read your post and SEE MY NAME!! AND MY BUTTON!!!! Thanks for the shout out! I love that you already made it too.

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your name plates are so cute! I love how each one has a different picture!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your desk tags!!!! How cute! We won't get our list for a few more weeks. I am so anxious! Once I get it though, into over drive I go!!! I also love the terrariums! Have fun in Vegas! I wish I was going!

    Blessings,
    Becky from
    CookingUpSuccess

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your name tags. I know it's a lot of work but I love your color scheme and think you will appreciate all the work you are doing this summer!

    http://mybrightbluehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The desk tags are so cute! I don't have desks anymore (Just a small group table) but I am tempted to make some anyways! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I happen to be starting the book, Because of Mr. Terupt, today. The library just sent me a message that it is ready for pick-up. I'm glad to hear someone recommend the book before I start.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I can't wait to head to Vegas tomorrow! I sure do hope I'll get to see you! I always admire how you tackle new colors/theme changes to your room every year. That's A LOT of work!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I love the Daily 5 board!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea from Hodges Harold...I will have to check it out! I have had that book on my to read list for the past 2 years! I really should get on it!
    Lindsey
    Miss Johnston's Journey
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2 things. Your desk tags are so cute and I LOVE the book Because of Mr. Terupt. I read part of it to my 3rd graders when we were talking about different points of view of the same event. That book is perfect for so many standards.
    Stephanie
    Polka Dot Palace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your name tags are adorable!!!! I love them so much... and your consistency with making everything match- you are a woman after my own heart. I SO wish I had the know-how on how to make my own terrarium. When we move into our new home, I'm going to give it a try for sure!! Hopefully they turn out at least half as good as yours!
    Kelli
    Tales of a Tenacious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm amazed at how much you get done and what a wide range of talent you have! Your rotation board is adorable! I really need to get it in gear! Love all of your shares, and I hope you have a blast in Vegas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE that book! I may have accidentally blew through it in one sitting by the pool... hey, that's what summer is for right? And your name tags turned out gorgeous! I don't know why I've never thought to print them out, the names would be much cuter without my handwriting. Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow (if only I hadn't redone my other ones twice already with class lists changing lol) third times a charm : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. You must also read the sequel--Mr. Terupt Falls Again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi. I mist begin with how much o adore and love your blog. This is going to be my second year and must I say I had a rough ride lol. Looking at your blogs has given me inspiration to be very creative in my classroom. You are very innovative and proactive with your ideas and solutions to creative and classroom solutions. I would love to ask how your experiences has been has a fourth grade teacher

    ReplyDelete
  22. The third Terupt book comes out next week. It's probably more for you than your 4th graders, since the kids are facing junior high issues. But the series is great and just can't wait to see how it ends!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your blog, I've been reading it for months now! I just started my own and already have a plan for tomorrow's Monday Made-It: my first linky party, yay!! I know I should link back to this website somehow, and I see everyone includes your "Monday Made-It picture." WIthout sounding too dumb, do I just embed this picture as I normally would and then link the picture back to that post? I'm normally fairly techy, but never have gotten into the blogosphere til now, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top