Monday Made It - July 25

I can't believe I am saying this but my summer is quickly coming to a close!  I have a meeting at the beginning of the next week and then it's go time!  I feel like some people just got out....lol.  I will keep the Monday Made It weekly going through August and then see where things are after that.  Again, I want to thank all of you that have linked up this summer AND ALL of my AMAZING hosts!!!!  I just love this blogging/teacher community.  I have gotten some great ideas!!
I'm excited to share what I have been up to this past week:)  I have been busy!
My first made it has been on my list for a year and I finally just got around to making it!
I first read about a fidget bin on my sweet friend, Stephanie's blog.
I just recently read this post by her (click pic for link) and was reminded that I wanted to make one of these bins.  You have to read her post.....it is full of ideas and great info about different types of items to add to your fidget bin.
So I slowly but surely have been collecting items for my fidget bin and I think I am done:)

Next, I made a class set of these adorable little Text Detective Notebooks.  These cute labels are from my friend Joanne at Head Over Heels for Teaching.  Thanks to Joanne and her IG, I got the little notebooks from Walgreens for 6 for a $1!
I can't wait to use these in small groups with my kiddos this year!

This made it I posted on my FB page but didn't link it up yet, so for those of you who missed it, here it is.  We use dry erase boards EVERY SINGLE DAY in my classroom so this made it is a must for me.  
I don't make these every year....they last 2-4 years depending on how well the kids take care of them.  Last year I just needed to add new tape.  This year I needed some new ones.  I buy shower board from Home Depot and ask them to please cut the boards for me.  Then I frame them with duct tape and done!
This next made it I am also super excited about!  The past few years I have made a "Get to Know Your Teacher" bulletin board for open house and the first few days of school.  Well when I saw this idea, I knew I had to make it!
This adorable product from Ashley, Teach Create Motivate, is perfect for open house and/or the first week of school so the students can get to know their teacher a little.
I was so excited to make it and had a fun time finding the pics I wanted to add:)  This book is adorable and so easy to make your own....just add your pics and text and you're set!
Here's a bit of my book!  I love it and can't wait for my students to get to look through it!
Finally, my last made it!  If ya made it through this long post, I have a little freebie for you!
I made some new book luggage tags. (no, I don't have my class list....but I wanted samples for you to see.)  They can also be used for book bins, bags, anything you want to put a label on:)
They are editable!
\
There are 12 different tags:)
You can grab them here!  Tags with Kids!

There ya go!  That's it....well, if I am being honest, it's not....I do have a couple of other home made its but have run out of buttons and time:)  Can't wait to see what you all link up this week!  



15 comments

  1. I love your fidget bin! That's such a great idea :) I need to incorporate that into my classroom. I also love what you did with your white boards. They look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size do you have Home Depot cut your whiteboards? I am using an inherited set that I really need to replace, but I feel that are way too big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I'm in love with your fidget bin! I may need to make one of those for some of my "busiest" friends. Thanks for this linky...I love participating!

    Susie
    Shafer's Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
  4. The suspense was killing me!!! Lol! Glad to have found out what all those little fidgets were! I can see these to be great for some kids- I'll need to go check out that post! and GAHHHHHHHHHHH I need those little notebooks. Walgreens trip today for sure! I bet kiddos are so excited to get back to school and to check out your awesome book. Ashley does make some pretty amazing resources for teachers!! Enjoy your winding down summer!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Fidget Bin! Mine is in dire need of some additions. I like the idea of the dry erase boards too. I buy the cheap ones with the handwriting lines and they don't hold up at all. I may do this next summer! Thanks for sharing your ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that fidget bin! I need to put that together. I really could have used it last year. Every year I see more and more kids with sensory issues and/or anxiety. That could definitely help! Thank you for hosting this fun linky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great ideas!! I LOVE the fidget bin, what a wonderful option these kiddos. I will definitely be using the getting to know your teacher book. ;-) Thanks for a place full of ideas.

    Shannon
    SweetestSecondsinaDay

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep forgetting to go to Walgreens to get those notebooks! I'm a CVS gal usually. Thanks for the reminder, and I love how you're using them! Your fidget bin is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My students loved the fidget bin last year. Yours looks great. The pool noodles and the bungie cords had to be replaced mid-year as they REALLY loved them to death LOL. They definitely work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the fidget bin idea. I will be adding this to my list. Thanks for hosting this fabulous inspiration every week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for the white boards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...now I have more to do! Love ALL your ideas! I must tape up my dry erase boards and make a fidget bin. Thanks for the inspiration, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your fidget bin!! That has been added to my list. I have a few kids this year that would definitely utilize that bin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fidget bin....I am thinking I just may need to create one for my classroom!!

    Dee
    Teaching at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top