Monday Made It with Head over Heels for Teaching!

Happy Monday Friends! I'm Joanne from Head Over Heels For Teaching and I'm thrilled to be guest blogging for my sweet friend Tara. :)

 I think for so many of us, Monday Made Its are great inspiration and help hold us accountable to get things done! LOL!

I can't wait to share these goodies with you, so let's get started!


Let me start by saying, I just invested (I like to think of it as an investment) in a Cricut and I'm in TOTAL LOVE! There are so many possibilities, and for teachers, the possibilities are ENDLESS! 



I’ve been thinking about making this AMAZING incentive for a few years, but to have them made by a printing company wasn’t very cheap. Well, now that I have my new friend, Cricut, I can make my own! I can customize them to fit the rewards and happenings of my class.
I can't even tell you how excited I am about this sign!! I have a huge multiplication incentive in our classroom and this goodie is just going to add to it! I have to make learning and memorizing those facts super fun!

 Don't have a Cricut? No worries, you can write on your signs with permanent markers! I purchased this blank sign with stand for less than $6 at Lowe's.
  

I cut out all my words and lined them up on my board (not so easy the first time, I got faster and better at lining them up the second time).




I just KNOW my kids are going to go crazy over these signs! If I have a student who rides a bus or bike, I will plop it in their yard myself! :) Think about the bragging rights amongst the neighbors! You know they'd be so proud to have this sitting in their front yard! I can't wait to introduce this to my parents and students.


(Signs will need to be returned after they have bragged on their street!)


My second goodie is also created by my newest BFF, the Cricut. (I'm telling you, every person should own one!). I found these drawstring totes at Michael's for $2!! I didn't have an idea of how I would use them when I bought them, but I knew for $2, I had to snag a bunch! Then this came to me....


As a reading incentive, I will reward readers earning a certain numbers of points with one of these snazzy book bags! The point club will be attainable by all readers, some may just take a little longer to reach. I think all of my students will love sporting these accessories!
(And, of course filling them with more books to read!)





I looped with my class last year and we started a huge kindness campaign at our school. Fox 35 News even came out to our class! With my new group I want to start spreading kindness right away, so I created these Kindness Sticks (Random Acts of Kindness). The black set will be for individual acts of kindness and the white ones are for my whole class to complete.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Kindness-Sticks-Random-Acts-of-Kindness-2691085


We will probably pull a class kindness stick about once a week and individual kindness sticks several times a week. Almost all sticks can be used over and over again throughout the year, so I'll put them back in the bucket to complete again! We want to spread kindness like confetti! It's a great way to build community, shape good citizens, and make the world a better place!
Thank you Tara for letting me share some of my ideas. I hope they are useful and motivate you and your students. Be sure to check out all the other amazing link ups! So many ideas to start the year out right!



15 comments

  1. Love the book bags! So cute and useful. Thanks for sharing. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love those kindness sticks! What a great idea! The yard signs too! I want to be in your class!!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted a Cricut for a long time! I definitely need to invest in one! All of your MMI's are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    Jamie
    Follow me @ Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! You can tell you know how to foster excitement for learning through your projects! Thanks for sharing- enjoy your Cricut... those cutting machines are addicting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE those bookbags! I have been trying to think of more rewards for reading this year and am going to have to make something like that. Thanks for sharing!

    Fantastically Fourth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yard signs are awesome! What great ideas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your ideas. Very creative, thanks for sharing.
    Sonia
    Reading Recovery Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. My third graders would love putting a sign in their yard for mastering their multiplication facts! That's such a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the yard sign idea!! What about students that live in apartments? Do you have a plan for that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am way behind reading blog posts.... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those yard signs! Just might have to steal, er, borrow that idea!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fantastic uplifting ideas. I really like the idea of the yard sticks! My students would love that. I think I will wait until winter is over here in NZ though 😃

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello IAm Alexandra Jacob from France. I m a teacher in an elementary school in Brunoy(about 25 km from Paris).i ve got 26 pupils age 8/9. We are looking for penfriends To share our way of life and many other things and improve our english!...by exchanging mails,e mails.if someone is interested ,please net me know! You can find me on Facebook (alexandra jacob lecann).
    We are waiting for you!
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tara,

    I was hoping you might be interested in reviewing my book, The Empowered Teacher: Proven Tips for Classroom Success. Published by Brown Books in August, 2016, it focuses on three main areas:

    creating positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents
    establishing a habit of self care to improve work/life balance
    strategies to decrease the amount of time it takes to complete the daily minutiae required by all teachers everywhere

    I wrote the book after resigning from a K-8 principal position I had held for 14 years; today, I continue to work with students, teachers, and parents, all with the goal of helping everyone achieve a greater level of personal success in whatever role they hold. I also write articles for the Huffington Post and a various blogs, offer continuing professional education for Texas educators, and speak/present at conferences as opportunities arise.

    You are welcome to peruse my website (www.drsusiewolbe.com), the website for my book (www.theempoweredteacherbook.com) or the website for my bracelets (www.bestdayeverclubbracelets.com). Also, these are links for videos regarding both the bracelets (https://youtu.be/Yk1KAe6dTX4) and the book (https://youtu.be/8Bz7OxVU5Yw); I thought you might enjoy seeing them.

    Please let me know your mailing address if you are interested in receiving a copy of the book and a few bracelets. I can also send the press packet, if you are interested.

    Susie Wolbe
    susie@drsusiewolbe.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top