Monday Made It Kickoff Summer 2017

Hello everyone!!! 

I wasn't sure I was going to get this going this year but had several sweet messages and questions asking me and now here we are!  And I'm glad because it will help me to pace myself and not waste my summer, YET take some MUCH needed time for me too!
If you are new to Monday Made It, WELCOME!  If you are a #mondaymadeit tribe member, welcome back!!  Either way, I am excited to share and also be inspired this summer.
For both newbies and "oldies" here are the "rules":
- You can link up any time during the week, it doesn't have to just be on Monday.
- Please DO NOT link directly to your TPT store.  If you have a product you want to show, then link to your blog post about it, explain it, and link to your store from there.  This rule I am strict about and will delete your link up if it goes directly to your store.
- Sweet comments on others link ups aren't mandatory, but always nice;)
- You can link up "home" made its and school made its, or both.
That's about it y'all.  This linky is for fun and inspiration!

So I will be honest....it has taken me a while to get out of my post school coma....so much happens that last week, it.is.draining.  So, some of my home made its were done a while ago and I'm just sharing now:)
Ok, so if you follow my teacher account on instagram, you will know that I have made the decision to redo my classroom!!!!  Yikes....sometimes I think....what was I thinking!  But, most of the time I am so excited.  It will be a fresh new look and I can't wait to see how it turns out.  So, needless to say, there will be a ton of pics of the items I am preparing for the makeover!

I have decided to go with a watercolor, tropical theme this year.  I love watercolors anyway, I use them all the time in my journal and bible journaling so it seemed like a perfect fit for me!  When I saw Samantha Henry's Tropical Decor Classroom set, I fell in love and knew I had to do it.  AND, it's editable which has been wonderful for me to make additional items that are specific to my classroom.
So I have been crazy busy buying and making #allthingstropical.
Can we talk about these popsicle lights?!?!?!
So first up I printed up the student understanding rubric.
I love how it turned out.  I'm going to use burlap ribbon to hang it:)
Next up is the alphabet.  Samantha has 2 options, round or rectangular, and of course I couldn't make up my mind SOOOO I am alternating shapes and can't wait to see how it will look.  I just love the colors in this set.
My final school made it is my math workshop.  That's where her editable set made me so super happy:)


I love the colors and can't wait to see things come together once I'm back in my classroom.
I love to find inspiration on instagram and pinterest to help me spice up my house.  I have forever wanted a gallery wall in my house but have been scared to do it.  Why?  I have no clue.  Well, it finally happened and I love it!

The top is the before a few pics of the after.  I actually have added a few more pieces that I will get some pics of.  I love it.  Hubs had to help a lot with this....he has a lot of patience;)
I can't show you much of my next home made it....just know that it's a hot mess.  We are making over my office.  I have recently become an empty nester so I'm changing one of the bedrooms into an office and creative space for me:)
See....hot mess!
Below is a hint of what's to come (although lighting is terrible and you can't tell what colors those are.) The walls were a beige....now they are a light gray called Sparrow, the color on the right is the new color.
So I will be updating you on the progress.  Just know that floating shelves, pipes, jute, chalkboard paint, and ruffles are all included!!!  Eek!  I'm so excited!

Now it's your turn!  Can't wait to see what everyone has been up to!  Tell your bloggy friends to join in on the fun.  If you post on IG, be sure to use the hashtag #mondaymadeit and tag me so I can check it out:)




11 comments

  1. I love your tropical vibe - can't wait to see your classroom decor this year! Thanks for hosting this linky party as usual (I love checking back throughout the summer for ideas for my class projects).

    :) Antonia @ forkin4th

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the tropical watercolors. It's going to be gorgeous! I should probably change my theme, but my high school kids don't notice that the colors are same each year, so I guess it's ok! I'm also loving your switch from beige to grey! All of your new made its are wonderful! Can't wait to see your "new" office!
    The Teal Paperclip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great...I love the popsicle lights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, your blog looks beautiful!!!!! Second, I'm so happy to see MMI back. It's always something I look forward to every year <3 Love your Made-it's! Your room is going to look bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting the "Monday Made Its". I look forward to them. I really enjoy seeing everyone's projects. Your new theme looks beautiful and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your new decor sounds absolutely lovely and so fitting for you!! I can't wait to see it all come together. I am so jealous of your soon to be office room- it sounds like it will be amazing! Can't wait to get inspired this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those Popsicle lights! Thank you so much for hosting the Monday Made It again this summer! I always get a lot of ideas from the posts.

    Dee
    Teaching at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so thrilled you brought Monday Made It back! I can't wait to read other blogs and get ideas all summer long! Your projects are FANTASTIC! I love the decor! I also want a gallery wall, too! Thanks so much for posting yours and giving me ideas for placement and things I might want to purchase! I look forward to linking up more this summer. Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tropical watercolor trend right now! It is so gorgeous! Thanks for hosting this link up!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tropical decor set! I keep talking myself out of it because I just redecorated my classroom last year, and I try to keep it the same for a couple of years. But...I might have to make an exception!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tropical theme and colors! It's so bright and happy.

    http://bitofcraziness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top