STEM and STUFF...5 For Friday!!

Yes!  It's been a while since I have had time to sit down and blog!!!  Ugh!  Where does all the time go?!  I am linking up with my bud Doodle Bugs for 5 for Friday:)
 
Here's a peek at my week and 5 random things:)
I had a wonderful weekend up at FSU seeing my girl and going to my first FSU game!!!!
 
 
 
              
 
We have really been working hard on our "Think Math".  This AMAZING idea is from Scholastic.  You can read all about it HERE!  The kids are really getting the hang of it and they love figuring out more than one problem to go with the answer.  I love that about this activity!

 
We did a super fun STEM challenge from Get Caught Engineering:)
                


                
They had to design the tallest tower with spaghetti and marshmallows:) 

                   

They loved this and I loved listening to their plans and thinking:)
 
I got an amazing timer in the mail this week from ThermoWorks and have had a blast using it!
I use a timer for math workshop and Daily 5!  Love this one!  It's called the TimeStick:)
 
 
We had fun using our IPads during small groups taking notes and highlighting our text (THANK YOU ASH!!)
 
 That's a little bit of randomness from my week!  Have a blessed weekend everyone!

 

9 comments

  1. That stem engineering project looks like so much fun! I'll have to remember that one!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about Think Math and I really like the idea! Your STEM activity looked really fun too, I bet my second graders would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went back and read up on Think Math. So awesome! Thanks for sharing again, and I love to hear the update to how your students are becoming more comfortable with it. :) Have a happy weekend!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great ideas here. I particularly liked your link to the "Think Math" activity from Scholastic. I may try that. Thanks for sharing.

    Shane
    Math is FunDamental

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the time for pumpkins even if they don't grow around your area. This pumpkin math caught my eye because it makes the kids responsible for coming up with the story problems. It has estimation and measurement. I almost passed this by because it said for primary teachers, but I think it fits fourth just right. It is from Scholastic Month by Month http://monthbymonth.scholastic.com/teach.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have the think math board on your TpT?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What resources do you use for reading on iPad in guided groups?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd also love to know what your kids are using on their iPads for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top