Last Week - Ornaments, Elves, and Boats!

 
It seems like forever since I've posted (and maybe it has been....can't even begin to tell you how busy/crazy this year/season has been)  So I wanted to give you a little peek into our last week. 
We made 2 different ornaments as gifts for parents


These were super easy and turned out cute! 
I also had them do themselves floating away on snowflakes...
These turned out so funny and the kids loved doing them...again, super simple and easy which was what I needed this year as I have been battling being sick for over a week and haven't had the brain/planning power or energy to do anything else...lol.
 
The kids wrote persuasive letters to Santa applying for an elf position from this packet from
http://www.confessionsofateachingjunkie.com/2014/12/the-sunday-scoop-and-operation-elf.html
SUPER fun freebie!  Of course I forgot to take pics, but trust me, they loved it!  Some of my kids have such a great sense of humor.  They were also VERY convincing in trying to apply to be an elf:)
 
Of course we also HAD to get in a STEM activity:)  They just loved this one!
This is another great activity from Get Caught Engineering.  This is from their Charming Bundle of Enchanted Engineering packet.  Their job was to build a boat to get the Gingerbread man across the stream so he isn't eaten by the fox;)
 
They did this activity in pairs!

I LOVE, LOVE how they work together....I LOVE, LOVE how they have to figure out the problem with their "invention" and go back to the drawing board and try something else!  I LOVE, LOVE how doing these activities teaches them patience and perseverance:)



Here are a few videos of the fun!
 
 
For those of you that have a few days left, maybe this will give you a few ideas to do;)  To the rest of you that are off for break, YAY!
Too all of you....I hope you all have a very blessed and Merry Christmas!  I am happy because my girl is home!  Such a blessing to have the family all together for Christmas!
From my family to yours...Merry Christmas!
 

5 comments

  1. Your ornaments are adorable! Glad your kids liked the Elf activity! I would love to see some of their letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your snowflake ornament is SO awesome! Easy to make and very age appropriate! Love this! :)

    Fishing for Education - http://fishingforeducation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and My friend at the office last year creating some decoration with snow flakes kind like this. The difference is we using thick cardboard and recycle paper for the snow flake effects.

    We attached it on Furniture Kantor and we feels like kids again. :D

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top